The grounds and landscaping are excellent - very lush and beautiful. Lots of birds and critters. Fantastic sheltered beach area with good snorkeling complete with reef, lots of fish and sea turtles are commonly seen at the beach to the far left.
We are average travelers in our 40's with 2 teenagers. My wife and I are early to bed early to rise. -We do not drinking much alcohol, however, we do enjoy a couple of drinks throughout the day and at night after dinner when on holiday south. And I enjoy a few cold beers on those beautiful hot days. I really like this resort - but the on tap beer is disgusting. It has played havoc with my system in the past, and after one sniff of it this year, I would not drink it. Not good having 7 days in the heat and can't have a cold beer. In fact this is completely unacceptable for a guest paying good money for their week in the sun. They have to get a variety of canned or bottled beer to offer guests - preferably some international beer, or at least Mexican brands - my conversations with most all other people travelling at other resorts is that there is a reasonable variety of canned beers i.e. Heineken, Corona, Bud available to guests. There are some bottles in the mini fridge in room - but it is not good beer - 3.5% alcohol and not good. I know others feel the same as we saw Canadians on the beach with their beach coolers and Molson Canadian beer they brought with them. The variety of mixed drinks is good - but boy do they splash the alcohol in and out of that glass fast - again this is not acceptable. We are mature adults looking to enjoy just a few quality drinks during the day, and this has to be rectified - or we will not return here for a 4th visit, which is too bad.
Beds in rooms are not good - very hard - but we could tolerate for a week because by the time your back got sore - we were ready to get up and out anyway.
Food is just fine. Yes - there is a fair bit of walking to get around but this is good for us as we want to be active and get some daily exercise.
Overall, we have always really enjoyed Grand Sirenis but I will not be going back if I can't expect to have a cold beer or two that is reasonable for consumption. Poor management decision when a 3 time guest/ family of 4 not likely to return because of this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Akumal, Mexico