We just spent two weeks at this hotel (room 2033) from Feb 19th-March 4th and would certainly recommend it to anyone travelling with children. The things we really liked include the following: The staff were amazing and super accommodating. A special shout out to Esau, one of the managers who accommodated our need to have extra buckets for ice and kept our ice packs frozen for our son's medication. This may not seem like much, but without his assistance, we could have had a medical emergency on our hands. Our housekeeper Laydi was awesome!!! We had tons of medical supplies/medication and never once worried that things would go astray.
The relaxing pool was great to get away and was never crowded, so you could just relax and chill out. The beach was also great so long as you were careful where you walked. The small cove furthest away from the resort had great snorkeling and we were pleased to see the sea turtles almost every time we went out.
The buffets were what you would expect for an all inclusive but no complaints. We went to the a few restaurants, our favorites were the Japanese and Brazilian.
There are a few things that were minor that lots have shared already. The beds are hard, but they will provide a pad if you request one. People saving sun chairs was a drag, but that is on the tourists, not the hotel. If everyone would just use the chair when they needed it, this issue of saving chairs would stop. The last thing to be aware of is the buildings are made of concrete so echo loudly. If you are a light sleeper this might not be a good choice of hotel for you.
Overall we had a great trip. It was in the minus 30-40's Celsius back home while we were there, so really...what is there to complain about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Otel, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Akumal, Mexico