My elderly mother and I spent two weeks at this hotel at the beginning of December. Overall the hotel was great and we had a fabulous holiday. On the down side the beach was relatively small and I would recommend beach shoes. We spend our time at the beach so this was important to us. A plus side on the beach is there is drink service.
I was amazed at the great service that we received throughout the resort. We regularly tipped but I think they gave great service to everyone. The hotel rooms were very nice with the exception of the hard bed and terrible pillows.
We avoided the large buffet for meals whenever possible by going to the coffee shop for breakfast and booking the restaurants. Nothing wrong with the food at the buffet, just prefer to avoid the large groups of people. The Brazilian and Japanese restaurants were our favorites with the Mediterranean being our least favorite. We also enjoyed the Steakhouse, Cajun, Italian and Mexican restaurants.
The lazy river and the pools were also highlights.
This is a huge resort so expect lots of walking. There are also carts available to take you if you don't want to walk.
We would definitely go back depending upon price but would take pillows and lower our expectation on the beach. We have also stayed at the Barcelo Mayan Beach and would definitely recommend their beach over the Grand Sirenis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Akumal, Mexico