To start on I need to mention that this was our firts trip to Mexico, so I can only compare to other hotels around the world. In general I was very happy with my experiance. Hotel is very beautiful, rooms are very big and clean (top quality). Food was really good but only in the buffet, restaurants are not worth the hassle I was very let down with them especially Italian where we have been waiting for over an hour for a simple spaghetti.
If you go there for lazy holiday to relax by the pool or the beach drinking pina colada :) you won't be let down (drinks were amazing by the way). We were going there to travel around Riviera Maya a little bit and the hotel was a perfect place to start on as it is very close to Akumal, Tulum, Xel ha or Playa.
Now the hard part. The only think I didn't like about this hotel was the organization part. When we have arrived we've been brieft together with about 6 other couples and it was just terrible. Because the size of the hotel you should of been told the basic staff about where the main thinks are not a bunch of info about everything after you still now nothing about the hotel.
I strongly recommend you to buddy up with your concierge straight away as he will be the main source of informations you will really need about everything starting from info about hotel up to traveling advices.
I think it was nothing really bad about this hotel I can remember so if you are not sure about it than don't think too much as from my experiance I can tell there is no place 100% perfect.
Hope this helps and remember more you think about bad stuff then you focuse less on good.
Have a nice holiday :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Otel, Despegar.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Akumal, Mexico