This was our very first family vacation abroad and our agent recommended Gran Sirenis for their lazy river and ice cream parlor for our kids and the beach and scenery for us. She couldn't have been more right about this place, I mean from entering the premises; the place was impeccable, from its marble floors, Mayan deco, to being greeted with a cold drink and a warm smile, check in was quick and smooth and our stay memorable. You’ll definitely be impressed with the immensity of the place, from it’s grand lobby, to the layout of the resort, it was designed to be aligned with the stars this according to Mayan tradition, they really thought of every detail. Once settled in our room, we are then greeted by our concierge (Merary, Alex & Christopher), who are located within the same building as our room, (they in my opinion made our stay pleasant and fun). Albeit, the only room for improvements are the beds and pillows, not as comfortable for our liking, very hard and uncomfortable. As for everything else was, wonderful such as the a-la-carte restaurants, the food was very delicious.
We did have one complaint and that was that our accommodations were initially on the first floor and it was noisy, and after requesting to be moved, the resort personnel (Laure, very nice) was understanding and moved us to a third floor room right away overlooking the ocean, very impressed :)
There are many special moments that stand out, but the one that takes the crown is part of this vacation was to celebrate my wife’s birthday and since the resort does not offer birthday cakes for sale, I mentioned it to my Concierge (Merary) and she took it upon herself to buy my wife a cake from a nearby town and she arranged it that on the evening while we dined at the Italian a-la-carte restaurant that after our meal, our waiter was to bring the cake out. My wife was surprised and wait staff and us sang “Las Mañanitas” (Spanish folk song for Happy Birthday) and gave my wife a tequila shot. Merary really went the extra mile to make this memorable moment for us, a job well done!!!
Regarding getting around the resort, I got to know the different pools, restaurants, spa, beach, pretty well, and if you get tired (which we did every night after finished watching the nightly shows) we usually flagged down a bell boy and gave us a lift in the many golf carts that they have to move people around. I must say, we usually got Denni and Leo who were very friendly and polite and patient as at times they waited around for us!
In closing, the staff will make your stay very comfortable as everyone greets you, but people that stand out are: Leydi & Dedire, waitresses around the beach and VIP area, they paid special attention to us and everyone else around us, they were very prompt and professional. Eduardo, waiter in the buffet restaurant, and Yonni from the Spa, both made our meals/spa visits pleasant. Ian, from the Premium Club who was friendly and professional. As you can see, you’ll be impressed with the beauty of this resort and fall in love with every detail it has to offer, but for us, the people made it extra special. We will definitely be back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Otel, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Akumal, Mexico