Although I had a wonderful time on my holiday, it was mostly do to the friends we were with and the warm weather. I found the Grand Serenis adequate but lacking in charm, I realize now I prefer a smaller resort. The food was plentiful, but average in quality, and like most resorts they must water down their liquor because it was undetectable in the cocktails. The staff were fantastic, very friendly and accomodating. The room was showing signs of age (mildew on the ceiling causing a musty smell), but the cleaning staff were very good.
When we checked out our final bill was higher than I thought it should be, and when questioned the fellow told me we had rented two movies which added $300.00 pesos to our total. We had watched tv so I asked if it is easy to mistakingly rent something when you didn't mean to and he said no, you have to go through all kinds of steps to rent one. The time it showed us renting two movies was 10:59 and 11:11.........so obviously it was a mistake. It's not like 4 hours had passed and I was claiming ignorance......we had not rented nor watched any movies. They would not cancel the charge and we were made to pay for two movies we never rented. This was infuriating to me and the sole reason I am posting this review......I want others to either choose a different resort, or at the very least be careful with the television remote :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Akumal, Mexico