We had a mix of good and bad, this is no 5 star resort and we will not be going back.
The good, the pools and beach were awesome, beautiful and well kept. If you are going to try the snorkeling bring your own gear, the mask and snorkel they gave me were not cleaned from the previous user.
The food was alright, breakfast buffet had alot to offer but after 4 days it was bland, nothing special.
Lunch was great, dinners were ok, my steak at the steak restaurant was a joke 1/4 inch thick yup thats 5 star dining lol. The Brazilian was at best ok and we could not get into the Japanese restaurant.
We had a very special night planned, we were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on Valentine's so we met with the concierge and arranged for a baby sitter for our 2 kids. One of the concierges promised us that she personaly would be there at 7:45, she never showed up so at 8:00 we called the front desk. They could not find her and sent someone else. The concierge will also try to get you to go on some sort of time share selling scheme it went something like you get a $100 of a fourth restaurant I think the french if you sit through it, after we said no they called our room the next day and tried again.
The day before we left my wife went to the front desk and went over our departure times. At 5:30 am I awoke to the bell boy banging on our door waking up our two kids, he had the wrong time, it was supposed to be 11:30. Well the front desk must not have believed him so they called at 6:00 and woke the kids up again. Honestly, they have our flight schedule.
Well thats it, loved the beach and pools, food was ok, service for food and drinks was great. Service from the concierge and front desk was the worst we have encountered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Akumal, Mexico