Where to start. Having never done All inclusive before maybe there are better places than this, but in terms of value for money and a greatr holiday, it was FANTASTIC! - please do not be put off by soem of the reviews on here,
Was it perfect? No. The negatives:
- bed linen is somewhat tired
- bedroom curtains are a little thin, meaning you are woken early by the sun every day
- the food at times is of average quality and on the buffet it isnt always piping hot
- there isnt a great deal to do on an evening after watch the sometimes average shows
The positives: a much longer list!
- the staff must come first. They are without exception, friendly, smiley, helpful and happy i0n their work. Yes, a little tipping is gratefully received but not necessary. a big mention to "Leydi" at the beach bar and "Antonio" at the theatre bar
- the rooms are very large and well equipped. who cares if the TV isnt flat screen? Is that why we go to Mexico?
- the bathrooms are very well equipped - not sure where the stories of 45 mins to fill the jacuzzi comes from
- the whole resort is very very well maintained
- the beach is fantastic - go to the left of the ruin and rocks in the sea are not a worry
- breakfast is fantastic
- the Japanese restaurant is good fun. The steak house and Brazilian are both good
- very handy for Akumal and Playa del Carmen by Collectivo form the end fo the drive.
Please, please, please do not worry if you are booked to go to the Grand Sirenis - it is fab
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Akumal, Mexico