My husband and I have just returned from our first trip to Mexico and it was at The Grand Sirenis. We were worried due to previous reviews but knew that we both were pretty easy going. Besides anything is better than - 25 in Saskatoon!
The accommodations were very nice with a beautiful ocean view. Only complaint was partially our fault- the a/c was not working and we thought perhaps this is how Mexico is. However when we stepped into our friends' room the second last day we realized that wow! A/C does work well in Mexico! Although we brought it to the attention of the concierge it still wasn't fixed when we left.
Otherwise everything else was great. The food is not always the tastiest in the buffets but this is a huge resort and food is mass produced to serve many people. How else can they do it? It's what makes the ala Cartes special. There was something at the buffet for everyone's tastes every night, you just had to look for it. And because We knew our stomachs may be sensitive we stuck to what we knew which is important at all inclusives. We went into playa del Carmen twice and this helped to break up the buffet blahs.
The staff were great at the resort. They work very hard and are gracious to everyone even if they need to correct behaviour. These are diligent people most of whom are very respectful.
It was great to find a spot by the pool or the ocean everyday without having to worry about early riser "towel savers". Even though this still occurred there was still room at both spots for everyone to enjoy.
That being said- one piece of advice: if you order room service( which is actually quite good) be ware if you let the delivery person in your room. A few items of ours went missing after we spent the night in our room and having ordered food.
Other than that our first impression of Mexico was fantastic!
Thanks to the Grand Sirenis for making our trip wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Akumal, Mexico