I stayed at the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort January 31st-Feb 7th and had a great trip. I had a smooth flight from Toronto to Mexico. I will never again take a 5pm flight as we did not arrive to the resort until 11pm. Once my wife and kids were settled in the room and sleeping I did go for a plate of Nachos and a beer with a friend that travelled with us and two raccoons who sat at the beach bar/snack hut.
The room was great. It was very spacious, travelling with a 6 year old and 1 year old I needed the space. The room was in great condition, zero flaws. The room was not musty, fridge was cold and the water was hot. The pull out couch was hard but my little girl found it quite comfy. I slept well in the room. Not sure what all of the complaints are about the matresses and pillows, get over it!!!
The pools were fun for the little time we did spend. There was a pool bar, lots of activities that the staff put together. They did a good job getting people involved. The water in the pool was freezing, but then again I dont like cold water. My 6 year old went swimming in the pool with little difficulty. Im a beach guy anyways, so it didnt bother me.
The ocean was very nice. Some parts were the blue clear water, other parts the water was a darker blue. The water temperature was quite comfortable. I enjoyed the snokelling, we saw a few different fish. I had a great time making sand castles with my kids, playing catch with the football and having my picture taken with my family with the animals. The people taking the pictures were great. Beach volleyball was available and peope appeared to be enjoying the experience. A lot of seaweed did wash up throughout the day, at times it was slightly annoying as it felt nasty on my feet. I did play the towel game and always reserved my palapa at about 7am. I would stay at the beach and enjoy the scenery, read my book and chillax until everyone was ready for breakfast.
The food was good overall. We ate breakfast lunch and dinner at the buffet most days. Once we ate ala cate at the Asian restaurant and twice at Ribs and More. Great steaks at Ribs and More. Good selection in the buffets overall. there were diffeent theme nights which gave the food a different flavour. Service was a little slow and there always seemed to be a shortage of high chairs, but who cares im a way on vacation.
So yes there is a lot of walking at the resort, they also have these annoying bridges you have to go over, very annoying holding a stroller while doing this, but I guess it was a good workout. I can see how some people would find the walking a little much. The bus stop service was also slow, but then again everything is slow, we are on mexican time!!!
Go there and have a terrific vacation, my family and i certainly did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa is located sea front with superb access to the beach and is only 20 minutes from Playa del Carmen. Guests are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Riviera Hotel Akumal
- Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
- Hotel Grand Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riveria
- Gran Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico