First of all, I never stay two times int he same All Inclusive resort...but last year was here and loved it so much that we returned this year. Overall, I still love this resort and would come again. Here are a few comments:
1. Check in- This year, we had a woman named Rossanna check us in on Saturday Feb 23. It was probably near the end of her shift, but she was very slow and NOT friendly at all. She clearly needs more customer service training- and had this been my first expereince here- I would have been turned off with the resort. First imprssions mean alot. We asked for 4 rooms near each other when we booked the hotel, and the hotel was very accomodating.
2. Restaurants-Last year, we never made it to the Ribs and More restaurant- LOVED it this year. Roberto was an excelelnt waiter on Monday Feb 25. He was very accomodating and made sure we enjjoyed our dinner, The food was suburb. Part of our group went to Bamboo ( for Chinese) that night- and also loved the food. Last year, we alos didn't go the Mexican because we were told that it wasn't that great. I really enjoyed my Shirmp and my wife loved her chicken burrito. It was one of the best I've tasted. Everyone liked this restaurant. We also went back to the Brazilian and Japanese. The Japanese showw was just ok... last year it was great. I think it was the chef that we had! The brazilian this year fwas ok... some of the meat was not so tender. We also ate the Italian and Meditranean and enjoyed them both alot! We had a much better expereince with the Seafood restaurant- last year alot of racooons wanted to join us for the outdoor dinner... which freaked out my children. This year- saw only ONE racoon, which disappeared after a few minutes. Food was very nice. The buffet at breakfast or lunch was very nice, or you could get a limited number of freshly cooked foods at the beach restaurant. Overall: Food was good to very good
3. Bars- Great bar service... although the Margarita's varied from FANTASTIC to not drinkable... most of the other drinks were very nice! Antonio in White Sands was a great bartender... and made a FANTASTIC margarita. Pool bar was very nice and clean.
4. Rooms-All the rooms very very clean,lovely as we remembered them.
5. Nightlife- Great shows both Humanity ( a show thru history). I was very impressed with the Passion of Christ scene where the show is done on ropes and red material- and looks like the passion but artistically done. Also enjoyed the Pirate show. The Rock show as too loud... just not my style.
6. Beach/pool- was nice with both areas for snorkeling and other areas for swimming at the beach. VERY NICE area. The Pool was again fantastic, although difficult when you have an infant or toddler, as there are bridges to cross. Stay at Colonial/Kantenah if you don't have family to help.
Overall, I'd again go back here! It is really a great resort- the nicest I've ever been too! Would consder going back or trying one of the sister resorts in Punta Cana or Puerto Vallerta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa is located sea front with superb access to the beach and is only 20 minutes from Playa del Carmen. Guests are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Riviera Hotel Akumal
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
- Hotel Grand Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riveria
- Gran Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico