Just got back from 7 days at Grand Palladium Riviera. Wonderful trip taken with our 6-month old and 2.5 year old. Suite room gave us ample space and the benefit of having a seperate room for our toddler to sleep in. Nice big jacuzzi bath as well. No towel-animal things every day...but really, who cares?
Food/drinks were great and exactly what is to be expected from an all-inclusive resort (come on people, you're not paying for 5-star top chef style food, so don't expect that and then complain about not getting it!). Never had to wait for any of the a la cartes as long as we were there by 6:30pm.
We had a double-stroller with us so had to walk everywhere which was fine, could walk the entire grounds in 15 minutes using the beautiful paths in the mangroves...those who complain about transportation and the size of the resort are simply lazy (and yes we were going from the FAR end of the Riviera villas to the opposite end of the Kantennah beach area multiple times a day, no problems). Taking the golf carts/trains for fun once in a while was great, but a little bit of walking won't kill anyone.
Yes, unfortunately people smoked everywhere...but that's how it is in most other countries aside from the US/Canada.
Beach/pools were great, always got a spot in the shade when needed...very clean, lots of fun for the kids. The beach was often windy, but the resort has no control over that, every beach in that area is windy! And yes there were rocky areas (again, not the hotels fault!) but it was very easy to walk to the sandy beach area as well!
Never left kids at kids club as we didn't feel the need to, however we went there often to stay/play with our kids and they had lots of fun...the staff we saw (for the mini-club especially) worked really hard and had lots of great activities prepared for the kids.
If you want a family vacation with lots of options for swimming, decent unlimited food/drinks and beautiful grounds I would definitely recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa is located sea front with superb access to the beach and is only 20 minutes from Playa del Carmen. Guests are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Riviera Hotel Akumal
- Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
- Hotel Grand Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riveria
- Gran Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico