We just came back from our second trip to this resort. Our first trip was with friends and this one was with family. Our request to have everyone close by has been met. Beautiful resort with lot's to see. Prepare to walk a little since everything is kind of far, but we didn't mind it at all. The beach close to Colonial is beautiful, no rocks, no seaweed and lot's of shade. A couple of issues/suggestions for the hotel since they read these reviews.
1. We stayed in the Villa 68 and housekeeping didn't get to our rooms until 2ish, which is the time we were coming back from the beach to put kids down for nap. But we would call the front desk, and our room would be taken care of by the time we would come back.
2. We would go the shows to Colonial by taking the train. After the show lot's of people would be waiting for the train to get back to their part of the resort. Since there's only one train, often we would have to wait for the train to come back for the second time due to amount of people. It would be OK if we were there without kids. Would be helpful if all available transportation could help out.
3. Breakfast. Either go for juice or get your own coffee since it's almost impossible to get a cup. Since this is our second trip, we knew this and would'n even wait for the wait staff.
Overall this is a great place for families with kids, with lot's of activities and lot's of wild life. We booked our third trip today for this June and can't wait to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa is located sea front with superb access to the beach and is only 20 minutes from Playa del Carmen. Guests are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Riviera Hotel Akumal
- Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
- Hotel Grand Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riveria
- Gran Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico