Just came back from 10 days at the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa for our 30th year Anniversary/ honeymoon.
Hola !!The best time we have ever had. We highly recommend it to all…A-plus
Summary of our trip (worth the read)
This is a very big resort and SO enjoyable and worth it.
There are an abundance of pools with many chairs or some Bali beds, restaurants, bars and shops you can never get bored. If you just want to relax enjoy the view of the ocean or lounge at the pool this is the place for you. There is an activity Schedule for each day that you really will have a problem choosing just one. You also get entertained when you walk around and see the small animal visitors that will put a smile on your face. We can enjoy many sunrises and sunsets overlooking the beauty of the ocean. There is so much to see and do that our 10 days definitely weren’t long enough.
You can walk your heart content or take the train or golf cart they provide if you feel like being spoiled. The drivers do their best to get you exactly where you need to go and with a big smile too. Or if you want you can take a pontoon boat ride with Alfonso you will also get an extra smile and chat.
The food is great, whether you choose Italian, Mexican, Seafood, Mediterranean or just another type of tasty food you can have it in abundance in an ala carte restaurant or a buffet. We also enjoy a drink and the piano playing at the Hemingway Bar when we wanted a quiet moment.
The people were so friendly, helpful and kind. We felt like royalty.
We met so many that it was impossible to thanks everyone or get all the names of them but some that we did are: Bell hop (when we got there) Santiago, waiter at the Portofino Restaurant -Jose, Bamboo Restaurant -Yobany and Marcelino, La Adelita Restaurant -Victor, La Laguna Restaurant - Fransco and Chimal - to name just a few. We didn’t get any of our housekeeper’s names but when we saw them they all had smiles and “Hola!”. We would sometimes get surprising towel origami presents when we got to our room. Our rooms were always clean and the bar stocked…what more could you want.
The waitress and waiters at the Buffets were too abundant to catch any names or the waitresses at the lobby bars who serve drinks while you enjoyed the warm Caribbean breeze and relaxed. There are so many people that made our trip enjoyable - all you had to do was look around and see all the hard worker and double or triple that for those who are behind the scenes.
If you want night time entertainment too, can go to one of the many shows they offer for free or enjoy the local group Con Classe who will entertain you into the night.
You can enjoy a Paella on the beach Sunday at lunch or spend the day at the Spa on the resort. Or just enjoy the moonlight at the Las Rocas Pool by the beach.
There are outside trips you can book through the hotel or just take a “collective” for $4 to town. We saw there was also golf, hobi cats, water sports, snorkelling and boating and many more things which we will try the next trip
So take your Bubba’s, a good pair of walking shoes, you bathing suit and cover-up as well and light evening wear and enjoy to your hearts content. Take some extra tip money so you can show your appreciation to the staff because it is shared by all.
You will not want to leave. We didn’t! We will be back…guaranteed !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa is located sea front with superb access to the beach and is only 20 minutes from Playa del Carmen. Guests are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Riviera Hotel Akumal
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
- Hotel Grand Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riveria
- Gran Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico