The Grand Palladium White Sands resort is only a portion of the enormous Grand Palladium resort complex. I have been to my share of all-inclusive resorts, and this one would find itself right at the top of the list. The Beach is amazing and soft. Palm trees line the beach and the walkways, and when you first walk into the enormous lobby, you notice right away the great service. Check in was very quick, and we didn't even need to touch our bags; they were in our room by the time we were getting our room cards.
The buffet was delicous, and they did a great job of mixing up the food so it didn't seem like you were eating the same meals everyday. May I suggest Maria, and her amazing omelet bar for breakfast!!! Also, bring a pair of khakis, and a dress, because the restaurants are classy. They are elegant and delicious, and there are are 7 different themed places.
There is a reef within swimming distance of the beach, where the snorkleing was really great. Thousands of fish, big turtles, and beautiful coral. I would suggest taking a quick trip to playa del carmen to find a snorkel service to see larger fish in deeper water.
The bars were really great, and they had imported alchohol. The drinks were not weak by any means, but once in awhile there would be a bartender that didnt know how to make anything except a daiquiri, ha. There was never just one bartender, so it wasn't an issue. The shows on the resort were an absolute blast, and the entertainers were very talented. If you enjoy lounging by the pool and drinking, please go and enjoy one of the largest swim-up pool bars I have ever seen. Also enjoy a burger or chicken sandwich while your there. There are trains at the resort with an energized staff, that travels to all the other Grand Palladium complexes, pools, bars, discos, and beaches.
The rooms were amazing. Roomy and classy, with marble everything. Please try and get a beachfront room. The sounds of the waves at night will hypnotize you. The bathrooms were large and had soak tubs and rainfall showers. Request a room with a whirlpool on your balcony, it will change your life!
I would rate this resort an 11 out of 10, and hope to be back soon. You cannot put a price on the memories you will make on vacation. Truly Paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium White Sand are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa (excluding the Royal Suite facilities). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium White Sand Hotel Akumal
- Palladium White Sands
- Grand Palladium White Sands Resort
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico