I don't know where to start! I have so much positive feedback about this resort.
Let me start off buy saying don't waste your time reading the negative reviews! I have to admit I was nervous about going to this resort after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. Everything was perfect!
We flew with AirTransat, which we highly recommend. They were very organized, the shuttle coach bus from the airport to the resort was perfect! They even had a AirTransat representative meet with us on our second day to go over any questions we had, information on the resort and day trips that are offered. We had separate check in with welcome drink which is a nice touch! And they had a binder on the AirTransat desk telling us when to be in the lobby for check out/pick up. Easy! Didn't have to worry about a thing! It was all taken care of!
Lets start off with the service! The minute we got to the resort the service was great! We had great service all week! No hiccups! Everyone seemed very helpful and happy to help.
Our room! We had the Imperial Junior Suite building 54 in Whitesands. The room was BIG and VERY clean. This building is the closest to the Whitesands lobby, restaurants and pool. The decor is a little outdated in the room. It definitely needs new couch, TV, and comforter. The design is a little old/outdated. But it was not enough to take away from the room! The cleaners who were assigned to our room were on time, alway's did a detailed job and we had turn down service every night. Nice touch! Thanks!!! Oh wait.....our bar fridge was stock 100% daily with water, beer, and pop.
Restaurants! We really enjoyed the buffet that serviced WhiteSands and Riviera lobby's. Again the service was perfect! The waiters/waitress were always asking us if we needed anything. The food selection is amazing at this buffet. Something for everyone. Alway's fresh and replenished once it was getting low. We had breakfast and lunch at this buffet every day. We liked all the restaurants. The one's we went to......Mexican, Brazilian, Chinese, Ribs And more, Italian, Japanese, and the Steak House. Japanese restaurant is a must! You have to make reservations 24hrs ahead with client services, but it's worth the wait! We had a 1/hr wait for the Italian restaurant and 45min wait for The Steak House. To us this was no big deal. We didn't have kids with us, and we were on vacation, so what's the rush? We just chilled in the lobby and had some drinks. No big deal to us!
Show's/Night Entertainment! Amazing! You have to watch all the show's. Especially Pop Singer's and The Rock Show! There is a lot of hard work put into these show's, and it's very entertaining. I love how the waiter's walk around the theatre taking care of everyone with drinks while we enjoyed the show.
WhiteSands Lobby! This is a big lobby' with a nice size bar. Whitesands had a lagoon and they whole resort is about nature, not disturbing it. I really like this idea and think it's great. You can take a platoon boat for a tour along the lagoon. This is relaxing. We did experience a sulphur/rotten egg smell a couple times(from the lagoon I'm guessing?) but it never lasted!
Pools!! The main pool at the Whitesands is huge! Lot's of room for everyone! We stuck with the Adult pool! This section also has a bar. The employee working at this bar Luis(I believe) is wonderful! Alway's happy and loves talking to the quest.
Kids! We would bring our kids back to this resort. Although we would not stay at the Whitesand section. We would stay at the Colonial/Katanha. This has a great kids club/water park for the kids.
Beach! The beach is also big. There is a beautiful salt water pool in the WhiteSand section you have to check out. The beach is a little rocky in some sections, but overall nice. The resort had a beach party, Fiesta, and Fire show on the beach when we were there. So much fun!!
The resort is HUGE! and has some bridges. There does not have to be a lot of walking if you don't want. You can stay in your section(any of them) and have everything you need. My husband and I preferred to walk around and explore the different lobby's. We did get lost a couple of times, but it was okay because we had all the time in the world. It was vacation!!! Bring good walking shoes and be cautious of the slippery bridges at night and in the morning. If you choose not to walk around, all the lobby's offer a train/trolly to take you around to the different lobby's. We often took this in the evening when we were dressed up for dinner. It was great and convenient, and we didn't wait long for it. I have to say this resort is SO CLEAN! We alway's saw employee's cleaning, day and night!
The Spa! So tranquil!!! If you like the spa environment this is a must! We paid $10 each to spend the day at the spa. They have a infinity pool, hot tub's, steam room, sauna, cold plunge pool, breath taking shower in the change room's that are open to the outside from above. So peaceful! Our only suggestion; the spa needs new chairs! Although they look sleek and modern, they are hard, get very hot when the sun is on them, and they can not be adjusted. We loved our day at the spa. I feel a sleep many times :) For lunch we left, went to the buffet and returned to the spa for the remainer of the day.
I know I'm forgetting something! I just have so much to say, but I can't go on and on.
The suggestions we have for the resort';
* Allow wifi in the whole resort, don't restrict it to the Lobbie's only(by the way, we had no problems with the wifi, alway's in full range in the lobbies)
* Update decor/Tv in the bedrooms
* Invest in plastic wine/champagne glasses so it's not being pored into a plastic cup at the pools(these little things make a difference)
* And keep up the great work! The service is what we hoped for and the resort is so clean!
PS We were approached once about time sharing. We expressed we were not interested and that was it, they were not pushy at all. So don't afraid to say NO!
Go to this resort! We would recommend it to friends and would return. This time with our kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium White Sand are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa (excluding the Royal Suite facilities). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium White Sand Hotel Akumal
- Palladium White Sands
- Grand Palladium White Sands Resort
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico