We just returned from a week's stay. We have been to this area 4 other times and stayed in 2 other resorts. The Palladium is beautiful and as everyone has said-BIG. it's about an hour from the airport. Get a non-stop transfer if you can..it's worth the extra $$ not to stop at other resorts. Check-in and check-out were 3-5 minutes and unremarkable. We were in # 52 villa on the first floor. The room was fine, not any special view, pretty easy to get anywhere you wanted including the lobby & the 'bus' stop. The frig was kept stocked and the maid did her job. We had no maintenance issues.
We ate in 4 of the restaurants. We loved them all (Chinese, steakhouse, Mexican and Italian). We did not make reservations and we waited the longest for the steakhouse (an hour) The buffets for breakfast & lunch were fine also. I can never understand how people can't find something they like to eat at these resort buffets. The service was great and we never waited for a table or for someone to clear our plate or refill our water glass. The Mexican/Mayan people work tremendously hard and try to please so many people who have multiple cultural and personal preferences. One of the days when it started raining at around 1 pm, most people left the pools and beach to head for lunch. Even with this 'rush' the staff handled it calmly and we were served as efficiently as any other time.
There are no shortage of bars, and the bartenders do a great job! There was Jose Cuervo and Bacardi and decent vodkas. If you want extra in your glass...ask. The evening shows were pretty typical resort entertainment but I thought better than some I've seen.
We've done all the excursions on previous trips so I can't comment on them.
All in all we got what we paid for and spent a relaxing, unplugged decadently lazy week!
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium White Sand Hotel Akumal
- Grand Palladium White Sands
- Grand Palladium White Sand
- Grand Palladium White Sand Hotel
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort Spa
- Palladium White Sands
- Grand Palladium White Sands Resort
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium White Sand are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa (excluding the Royal Suite facilities). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.