My husband and I travelled to Mayan Riviera Feb 24 - March 3, 2013. I won our trip through a local radio contest and when I heard it was at a Grand Palladium resort, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. We have stayed at the Grand Palladium in Punta Cana and enjoyed our stay very much, so we knew what to expect.
Check-in went well. Our room was nice ( we stayed at 5312 ) corner suite. The buffet was what we expected, the same type of food but something for everyone. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the A la Carte restaurants ( we preferred the Steak House, but enjoyed the Ribs & More and the Japanese just as much).
We booked two excursions; Coba Maya Encounter where we explored the Maya ruins,walked through the jungle, went canoeing in the lagoon, rappelled down a cenote and went zip lining. We also enjoyed a lunch prepared by a local family. Our second excursion was at Xel-ha Natural Wonder; went snorkeling down a lazy river which was nice but we were disappointed that we did not see alot of fish. I would recommend Xcaret if you want to see more marine life. We did however enjoy taking a nap at Xel-ha as they had secluded areas with hammocks.
I enjoyed a massage at the Spa, highly recommend this and you can use the baths at no charge. They also have a beautiful secluded pool.
If there was one thing I would complain about is I had to pay $22.00 for a feather pillow. The pillows they offer you in the rooms are the most uncomfortable pillows. When I inquired about obtaining a different pillow, I was given a pillow menu where I could choose different types of pillows for $3.00 a day charge! I could not believe that the Resort would take advantage of their guests and charge to have a good night sleep!
Although my husband and will most likely not return to Mexico, we would most likely choose a Grand Palladium Resort whenever possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium White Sand are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa (excluding the Royal Suite facilities). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium White Sand Hotel Akumal
- Palladium White Sands
- Grand Palladium White Sands Resort
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico