After reading reviews here I was a bit nervous because people either loved it or hated it! We had a late check in so no delay in getting checked in. We were told we had been upgraded to the Riviera Suites, had been warned about this happening and it wasn't good.(made me even more nervous as I was the one who booked this resort for everyone) When we got to our rooms we were very surprised they were great! It was clean and huge, we apparently got the Governors Suits! The next day toured the place on our own and were very pleased with the whole resort. It was quit relaxing and clean.
The food was a bit of a disappointment on our first dinner reservation. But it went uphill from there. The meals seem to get better.The staff were great we had quit a few laughs with them.
The only thing I would say is negative about this resort is the inconsistencies. For it having the high star rating it has it is very inconstant. I know this sounds petty but beds not always turned down, coffee not left in the room, dirty dishes not taken away, these things didn't happen every day but there was always one or another happening. Also the fridge did not keep drinks cold.
The beach, yes, there are rocks but we just wore our water shoes and were fine the water was beautiful well worth the rocks!
Would I go back probably not but I wouldn't discourage people from going either. Overall it is a nice resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium White Sand are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa (excluding the Royal Suite facilities). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium White Sand Hotel Akumal
- Palladium White Sands
- Grand Palladium White Sands Resort
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico