We took our first trip to Mexico and stayed at the Grand Palladium White Sands resort in the Mayan Riviera. Our travel agent recommended the resort and then we researched reviewers of this resort, especially repeat visitors. We thought with so many people visiting more than once, the resort must be pretty decent and we weren't disappointed!
It is a large resort but we didn't find the walking too difficult, although anyone with limited mobility might have trouble with the many bridges on the one side of the resort and the walk to the salt water pool is fairly rough terrain, but nothing that an abled body can't handle!
The service everywhere was excellent and we found all of the staff extremely friendly and hardworking. There was always something to explore at the resort; boat ride on lagoon is very pleasant, local wildlife is nice to see and the long long beaches are beautiful! There are some rocky areas but they can be avoided if you are careful. We really enjoyed snorkelling in the reef area that surrounds the resort and saw many varieties of marine life. But our favourite trip was to Akumal Beach to swim with the sea turtles and we also saw rays, barracuda and all kinds of fish! You can take a tour boat right from the resort for $40 usd for a two hour trip, we thought it was worth it.
Food was good, entertainment okay, spa beautiful; we missed not having an oceanview room and it was a bit too breezy for our liking, but over all this is a very good place to holiday. We had a junior suite which was a very nice room with lovely jacuzzi that had surprisingly very powerful jets - really enjoyed that and it was also nice to have beer, pop and water stocked daily in the bar fridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium White Sand are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa (excluding the Royal Suite facilities). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium White Sand Hotel Akumal
- Palladium White Sands
- Grand Palladium White Sands Resort
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico