I must start of by saying upfront how big this resort is. With that being said the resort does a good job of having transportation available via a golf cart style train or regular golf carts that hold 6 plus riders. The room we got was a junior sweet in white sands villa 56. It was a very nice room, with a nice shower and jacuzzi tub. Overall the room was good and housekeeping did a good job but seemed to come very late in the day when we would be returning from the beach or pools. The mini bar was restocked everyday, giving us plenty of water and soda.
The Food at the buffets were average. There would only be one person cooking omletes for a rather large buffet hall, so getting one could be a real wait at the breakfast buffet . The dinner buffet is a little better, I would have to say this buffet has some of the best pizza in the caribbean. Overall there is plenty of food to choose from but alot of choices can be bland and or cold. Also, The buffet workers can be a little eager to clear things from you, almost bothersome at some points, although i feel they were just trying to hard to leave a good impression. The japanese restaurant is a must.
The bars were nice. Most all the bartenders were good and very nice. Getting a drink could be a challenge sometimes, as the bars would would feel understaffed. My biggest complaint about waiting for drinks is that they have latte/ espresso machines at every single bar on the resort and this would consume all of the bartenders time. Even at the beach bar on a 90 degree day , you would wait a very long time for a beer or mixed drink while the bartenders made coffees for people, it would get very old.I feel these should have the own lines and person dedicated to just coffee.
The grounds of the resort were well kept. We did see a little trash here and there in the very early morning but nothing to bad. Again this resort is very big so plan on doing alot of walking, also the resort has a alot of very steep stairways over a pontoon boat moat that must be crossed to go almost any where. these stairway bridges may be to much for those with walking problems..something you must consider about going to this resort. The pools are nice, chairs are usually available. the swim up bars were good but just didnt ever seem to take off the way other resorts do.
This resorts has a very nice beach. The beach is very long with very white sand. Its very popular during the day and getting a chair in the area you want to, be could be difficult. The beach has some coral spots but plenty of good swimming and snorkeling area. I would say overall this is a very nice beach.
In the end it was a good hotel but needs to improve on the understaffed bartender issue and get more involved with guest entertainment as they just dont have as much going on as other resorts in the entertainment area. . As nice as this hotel is I would consider doing some real comparing of other hotels at this price range before picking this one. HAPPY VACATIONING !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium White Sand are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa (excluding the Royal Suite facilities). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, BookIt.com and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium White Sand Hotel Akumal
- Palladium White Sands
- Grand Palladium White Sands Resort
- Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico