The Coba is a beautiful resort full of warm hard working people ready to cater to your every need. I read reviews daily for 3 months before going. I suggest doing the same especially if you've never been out of the country or at a all-inclusive resort before.
Ride to the hotel: kinda long-non stop transfer through Apple Vacations (extra $30) and took about 1hr 20 min.
Check In: Quick and easy
Food: Buffets and snack bars-really good-lots of variety-Seafood ala carte/not so good-to fancy for my taste-didn't like the choices
I was disappointed that the Japaneese ala carte was closed during our stay
Drinks: Can get them anywhere-not real strong but really good-if you want to get buzzed, do shots of tequila (mixed drinks won't get you there)
Room and Grounds:Imaculate, clean and fresh-towel art is great and always plenty of towels, soaps, tissues etc.
Tipping: I didn't see a difference is service whether we tipped or not. I left $2 a day for the maid and $2-$3 for our waiter at breakfast and dinner. The people that work at this resort are very friendly, eager to please and extremely hard working. If you can afford to go on vacation then you can afford a few dollars here and there for these wonderful people. I can't say enough good things about them.
Currency: Everyone is more than happy to take American money. No need for pesos.
I loved this resort and the service we got from Apple vacations. I did learn a couple things from this trip. 1st of all, we've never gone anywhere like this before. We only went for (4) days. Need at least 6. I would opt for a resort closer to the airport next time with such a short stay. If you are looking to party, this isn't the resort. Nightly entertainment (gotta see the M.J. show) is ok but disco doesn't open until midnight and it's for the younger crowd (we're 36 and 40). The entertainment it kind of repetitive as well. I would have liked a more adult atmosphere (pools shut down @ 7pm, shows are over around 10:30-11pm). It would have been nice to party @ the pool late and perhaps had a more adult club (like I said the disco was geared for the younger crowd). With that being said, the Coba is a wonderful family resort and we had an amazing time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 7 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico