“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Bahia Principe Coba

You added Grand Bahia Principe Coba to your Saves list
Grand Bahia Principe Coba
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal - Cancun Km 250. Mexico, Akumal 77760, Mexico   |
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Akumal
Whitecourt
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We have always stayed at the Bahia Principe's all over the Dominican Republic. This was our first stay in Mexico and the Bahia Principe Coba did not disappoint. With excellent service, excellent food, immaculate grounds and beautiful beach, we thoroughly enjoyed our 2 week stay from March 15th to the 29th.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
RRPPCOBA, Public Relations at Grand Bahia Principe Coba, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Norman,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments. It is delightful that you had a great holiday and enjoyed your time here.

We are honored that you have decided to trust us your holidays for first time. We are very proud of our job because your comments show us that we fulfilled your expectations and you really had a great time with us.

We would like to welcome you back.

Best Regards,
Grand Bahia Principe Coba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,625)
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was my second time at this hotel. My first time was in 2008 and it was memorable and very nice! I came back at the end of March 2014 to show this wonderful place to my girlfriend. We will certainly come back! Bring your mask and tuba, there is a lot of fishes just next to the beach into the ocean. It is clean, the food is amazing, the people are very nice there!

Dear Simon,

Thank you very much for your preference and for the appreciation that you show us. It is great to read the reviews from our frequent guests.

It is a delight to read that you and your girlfriend enjoyed the facilities and we fulfilled your expectations one more time. Your kind comments are the best reward we can receive.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Cordially,
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed at the Coba from March 30th to April 6th with family and friends for a wedding. The buffet was very good, lots to choose from (comparing to past all-inclusive experiences). The rooms are large, clean and the AC worked just fine. Beds are hard but I slept just fine. The staff was friendly and gave good service all week, tips or no tips. The beach had lots of chairs and found it to be clean. The pools were beautiful but would have liked more chairs, especially since there is room for more of them. This resort is massive. By the end of the week, I could finally find my way around the resort! For those of you who are limited to walking no more than a few minutes at a time, I would not recommend this resort. Even if the shuttles do come often, I found it easier and sometimes more efficient to walk. The grounds are beautiful and I enjoyed walking them everyday! I would recommend this resort to friends and family!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
RRPPCOBA, Public Relations at Grand Bahia Principe Coba, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Elise,

We are thankful that you shared your opinion about your stay at Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts. We are happy that you chose our resort to spend your holidays.

We are delighted to know that you had a great time enjoying all our facilities. It is great that your vacations were fantastic.

We would like to welcome you back soon.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I came back to this resort for the 9th (or 10th) time in March. We have stayed at the Coba and Sian Ka'an. The reason we keep coming back is the amazing service and treatment you receive here. The rooms are beautiful and well maintained. Many thanks to Andreina for helping us with reservations. They have changed their a la carte arrangements so you can't prebook, but that proved to be no problem as we reserved them as soon as we arrived. Our favorite a la cartes are Le Gourmet, Don Pablo, Arlequin, and Alux. (Alux is on the Sian Ka'an property which we were able to use since we are frequent visitors.) They treat frequent visitors with a lot of special perks which are much appreciated. That is part of what makes us return time and again. We love this resort, and I'm sure we will be back again for a sunny week away from our harsh winters. (It only rained one afternoon while we were there, and we didn't mind it at all, especially because we saw that it was snowing at home!) I find it hard to believe some of the harsh reviews of this resort. We have never been disappointed in any of our trips here. This is an amazing resort when you need a get away from the cold and stress at home!

Room Tip: We especially like a room overlooking the "quiet" pool. Villas 25, 26, 27 especially.
Dear Tripadvisor user,

Thank you very much for your opinion and for the time you took to write a valuable point of view of everything that you experienced during your recent stay at Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts. We are committed to make every stay the best experience.

Knowing that you are pleased with our facilities pleases us. It is great that you had visited us one more time since we are always eager to pamper you.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I went with my 2 children who are 14 and 11 for 7 days. My kids have never done an all-inclusive so it was interesting to see how they would like it.

I read many reviews and was very prepared and kind of knew what to expect. Our main goal was to get away from the cold and have a nice relaxing break. We accomplished our goal!

Having said that we also wanted to enjoy our vacation as much as possible. When we arrived, my daughter was in awe. She kept saying how happy she was and how much she loved it there.

Our room was not ready until 3...So we took our luggage in the the lobby's washroom and changed into our bathing suits and then we toured the grounds.....Coba really is huge! When you read the reviews and people say it's huge...they aren't kidding! There are a few pool areas to go to. 2 with swim up bars. My kids loved this! They practically lived on Pina Coladas :-) There is usually one bartender, and you might have to wait 2-5 minutes for a drink. It never bothered me...I'm on vacation and basking in the sun, while in a pool chilling.

The chairs are always reserved ridiculously early...I managed to go out at 7:30 one morning and got 3 with an umbrella.

We loved going to the beach. There is a kiosk selling snorkel gear. I didn't think of it and so bought from the kiosk, the kids loved snorkelling and seeing the groups of fish. There weren't tons...but it was enough for my kids. They loved that there were a couple of pelicans diving for fish right where we were snorkelling. We even saw a flock of flamingos flying over the beach...That was pretty cool.

The rooms were kept clean...but the cleaners work on their own clock. It was a tad frustrating, we would come back to the room around 3 to get a break from the sun and twice the room hadn't been cleaned yet! This is one of the treats of being on vacation. Having someone else make the bed! The beds are incredibly hard, after the first night it didn't bother me too much. My daughter slept with me and my son slept on the daybed which was a nuisance. The sheets never stayed on and there was a pillar at his head....which he kept banging his head on. We had no view but again...it's not really something that bothered us. We were close to the pools and even the main building was a short walk. Trolleys ran frequently and the drivers were very helpful and friendly.

We started every evening in the main bar with a cocktail for me and mocktails for the kids. They looked forward to this time mostly for the 1 hour of free internet. The internet was available for an extra charge. My theory was that we were on vacation and didn't need it! We could do our emails and social media during this hour.

The buffet was huge. My biggest complaint was that in the morning there was no oatmeal! They had everything else....but no oatmeal. That's my morning go to item! Grrr... My daughter had to ask every morning for a couple of containers of Nutella spread....they always had a sign for it, but it was never there.

I suggest taking the time and going to the reservation desk for the dinner reservations. I did it online and had a few errors. We were looking forward to going to the Japanese restaurant and could only get a 10 pm time. I planned our day so that it worked out and when we arrived we were seated at a table. I asked why were we at a table...I thought I we reserved the Tepanyaki! When I booked online it wasn't an option and so the kids were really disappointed. My sake was served in a glass..as opposed to the traditional sake cups...the food was actually horrible and all 3 of us had an incredibly upset stomach for the next day! It was very disappointing. Our favourite restaurant was actually Le Gourmet. It was really good and the servers were very kind.

On Wednesday we did the Dolphinaris. We chose the 12:30 time-slot...if my kids were younger I would have done an earlier time. You aren't allowed to wear any sunscreen and in the blazing Mexican sun it's so easy to get burnt while in the water. Thankfully we were okay...but make a note if choose to do this. the trainers were all very kind to everyone in the group and made sure that each participant had a chance to do everything.

We tried the buffet at the Akumal and it was much smaller. It was fine for lunch, but I wasn't overly impressed.

Our last 2 days we discovered Tulum. We took the trolley and were there in minutes. We loved everything about this resort. It had a much more elegant feel to it. The buffet set-up appealed to us much more as well. If we were to return we would aim to stay at Tulum.

One of the things we didn't like was there didn't seem to be much in organized activities. The kids didn't want to go to the kids club...which was fine...we had fun hanging out together. Usually you get some kind of agenda or schedule, I never knew what was going on or when the shows were. Speaking of the shows....we only attended 2. The first were some local dancers....they had strength, but the show was really bad...not very polished. the other show was an Elvis impersonator! We got up and left...lol...it was really bad!!!

All in all, we did have an awesome vacation. It probably wouldn't be my first choice to go back. I now know I like a smaller resort with a more intimate feel. The staff here were pleasant but never overly friendly or went out of their way for you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tripadvisor user,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate that you enjoyed the beauty of our resort.

We are extremely sorry to hear that some of our facilities did not meet with your full approval as we do pride ourselves on guest satisfaction. However, rest assured we will review your comments with our staff.

We hope you decide to visit us again; we assure you we will exceed your highest expectations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great place only thing i didn't like was no clocks anywhere, the one hour free wifi is not enough, royal golden should have free 24 hr wifi. Go to corona house at hacienda if you need more free wifi. Room fridge barely worked and never restocked with chips or chocolate bar enough after leaving tip in fridge. Other then that great place!!!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Greg,

Thankyou very much for your comments. We truly appreciate your nice review about our stay.

The goal of all the services we offer is to make our guests feel comfortable and satisfied. All your suggestions are more than welcome.

It would be an honor to welcome you back.

Our kindest regards,
Bathurst, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We loved the Bahia Principe Coba, this was a great trip one of the best. The service is amazing, the food was great (no line ups at buffet) the grounds are very clean. Awesome resort we will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Serge,

Thank a lot for your review about Grand Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts. Our aim is to make our guests feel comfortable.

We are glad we exceeded your expectations and you appreciated the service and personal attention of our employees.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Grand Bahia Principe Coba

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Coba? Share your experiences!