My husband and I travelled here in September for my 40th birthday, after reading some negative feedback on TA I was slightly dubious of what to expect.
I was not disappointed, we were greeted at the hotel by wonderful staff and taken to our room in Coba by the porters, yes the rooms do smell slightly musty but that is not really suprising considering the humidity! Overall the rooms are clean and are just what you expect.
Everything about the hotel was wonderful, the staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for you.The food choices in the buffett resturant for all meals were plenty and honestly if anyone cant find anything they like from the variery then they must be VERY fussy!
We ate at the A La carte resturants and the Arlequin was by far the best, but they are all very good and the service was brilliant.
We travelled into Playa a couple of times and used the bus service from outside the complex, very cheap $4 each way, it's the way the locals travel! Yes it's a bit of a cramped journey but when in Mexico ....
I reallly can't fault a thing about the hotel, my husband and I have both said that it is the best holiday that we have ever had and we have been to Mexico before and Dominican 3 times!
The only downfall was the weather, we probably had 2 days of sun in total but you cant let spoil your holiday!
In all the food, drink ( branded ones when you request them) rooms, staff, just everything was brilliant.
We didnt want to leave but we will definatley return there .
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico