I would like to start off by saying a big thank you to the Virgin team, both the Sarah's from Virgin in Derby Westfield, our amazing Virgin Rep's Grant and David! The virgin air hostess crew were very kind and friendly! Also a big thank you to the amazing staff, they are so kind, welcoming and friendly, always smiling, even though they are working hard to make the clients very happy, they still have a warm and friendly smile on their faces! A big thank you especially to the receptionist Yaneth, to the waiters Juana Maria, Pech Herrera, to the driver to Coba beach Daniel, and the waited at Premiere lobby Emmanuel, also to our room cleaner Avid, who made our room sparkling clean! They are all so nice, but these are the people with whom I was the more in contact with!
Absolutely loved it! I'm 14 years old, I completely disagree with people and their comments on here, saying that the staff was rude, and that they spoke poor English, if you expect people to talk fluent English wherever you go in the world, I would advise that you're better off staying in England! I strongly recommend this hotel, to anyone to be honest, but in particular when you have children/families its a paradise on earth!
The drinks and cocktails were delicious! My brother and I loved Piñada and Shirley Temples! The beach is so near, and we absolutely loved taking those little carts that take us practically everywhere! My mum wants me and my family to go to Barbados next year because she wants us to discover more cultures, but honestly I don't know how many times I told her that I really would like to go back to Gran Bahia Principe, and my little finger is telling me that we will probably end up going back there next year! There are so many things to do, but one thing we didn't so this year that we wanted to do next year is to go visit the Mayan people and how they live and see the culture!
But I strongly recommend this hotel, absolutely loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 7 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico