Just returned from 7 nights at the Coba...not much more I can review here and sing its praises on that I haven't already read about in MANY other reviews for this resort. If you aren't into taking gambles with your resort experience and you want to book a resort that you can be confident in being happy with - this is the resort. What stood out for me the most? Cleanliness, the great food, the VERY happy staff (there was an exception as I experienced ONE waiter in one of the buffets that had a huge attitude, but really, considering the number of employees there, WHO CARES...not everyone can love their job LOL) oh and one last thing that stood out for me - the wildlife!!! As a person that very much misses their dogs when away, the coati's - although furry and very sweet looking, probably not one you'd cuddle up with lol, provided me that much needed animal fix while I was gone. It was rare to walk 5 minutes without seeing a little guy scavenging through the garbage bins - poor guys - the staff keep the resort so clean it's very slim pickings for them LOL. Anyway, even though there are signs saying not to feed them - I couldn't resist sharing my late night pizza with one particularly sweet little coati. It may seem small, but being an animal lover and getting to interact with an animal that I have never seen or heard of before this trip - was amazing. They are like a mix of a raccoon, ant eater, dog, lemur.....yah...weird but cute mix. Also, the iguanas - LOVED these crazy guys. Again, I shared my banana with one that seemed to be on post right near our villa - Juana the Iguana we called him. Always responded to my voice...seemed to be frightened by my husband! Rest assured - if Iguanas and Coati's are not your thing - they don't mess with you - you really have to try hard to get their attention!!!
Enough about the animals - I say ditto to all the other reviews! Food was great, pools were wonderful and clean, staff was amazing (we wrote ahead of time to get reservations at the a la cartes and mentioned this was an anniversary trip - we had a special surprise dessert and tequila popper waiting for us at every booked meal - AMAZING) Needless to say - I was VERY impressed with this. Lots to do, lots to drink, great time away!
One last note - the sports bar at the Hacienda - its not all inclusive, but the guy that runs the place, sad I didn't get his name, but he was WONDERFUL! We were there for game 6 and 7 of the Leafs/Bruins series. The first night there was probably 50 people there - he seemed overwhelmed but so happy with the business - Coronas cost $3 - didn't mind paying at all for the chance to see the game in Mexico!! Anyway....the next night he realllly had his stuff together - my husband and I were one of the first people to arrive for game 7 and he really went all out - he made a foil Stanley cup with the Leafs symbol on it, Leafs poncho hanging out front, and he made two huge signs boosting the Leafs which he hung on the front porch of his bar. AMAZING. I have to say - Mexico was the BEST place to be for playoff hockey!!! And what a Toronto crowd!!!! There must have been about 100 of us at game 7!!!! I can't imagine we were any less loud and animated then Yonge/Dundas square would have been! One word of caution - bring bug spray - I made out alright but hubby probably got about 100 bug bites between the two nights there! Even then....the bar was providing bug spray to us!
So that's my review. In a word? GO! You won't be disappointed at all!!! Oh..and take your kids!! First resort that I have ever been too that I would have felt completely confident bringing our 3 year old too....but that will have to be another time - this was our adult only trip! :) Enjoy your stay!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 7 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico