We went the end of Jan 2013. Even though it was far from the airport - the van ride was about an hour and a half it was in the evening so we weren't missing anything. The grounds were beautiful, pools great, food wonderful but pace yourself. We would recommend the third floor. The first night we were moved from the first because of an issue with the room but they moved us fairly quickly and it was great from there. Don't eat at the Brazilian restaurant as the food is limited, meat is cooked rare, and salad bar is limited. The food at the fish one was awesome. We loved the entertainment staff at the pool and Louigie does a killer water exercise. We went into Playa Del Carmen on a rainy day and it was a great day. We don't drink so loved the tea and cookies at the coffee bar at night and the mixed fruit drinks.
We did wait an hour for our pick up van to go back to the airport but the line up at the airport was also an hour or more long just to check in our bags. You have to take a trolley to the beach but even that was fun and you got to relax on the way there and see the other sister resorts you can go to. The sand is beautiful and you can see fish waist deep. There were lots of families there and would love to take my kids here.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico