My boyfriend and I traveled with 2 other couples to Coba for a week early February and we already wish we were back (80 degrees everyday and sunny!)
Our first day there was a bit strained because we were confused on where to check in (documents said "Coba" but when we got there they couldn't find our reservations and it was finally decided we were "Premiere" and had to be shuttled to a different check-in point.) It was 5:30 PM when we finally were all checked in but we were bummed to discover all the pool bars close at 5, which we thought was quite early. After day one though, every day after was perfect! It took a day or two to get a grasp of the trolley system and where different buffets and restaurants were, but it's a vacation - don't stress out!
Many of the reviewers complained about how it was difficult to find anything and the food not being great, but I think those people are the type the are never satisfied. ALL six of us thought the place was great and the food and drinks were too!
There is so much to do at this resort, we never even got around to taking out kayaks or catamarans, which are free.
OH and the rooms are beautiful! Marble and tile everything! The beds and pillows aren't the most comfortable, but not horrible. I grabbed a pillow from the sofa and that was much softer :) Our housekeeper also always had a towel animal on our bed with flower arrangements. Everyday she did something different - we thought it was a special touch.
HIGHLY recommend eating at the La Gran Tortuga in Tulum - SUPER YUMMY!!!
Another big recommendation: TIP ! The employees work hard and are always very busy, but if you tip they WILL remember you and give you special treatment. Our group always tipped for drinks, at dinner, and our housekeepers. At the beach and pool bars, we stuck with the same bartenders and they'd go out of their way to serve us first if they saw us since we tipped with a smile and "Gracias!"
Only complaint is that I stupidly left behind my digital camera in the room when we left and I haven't been able to get a response from the hotel to see if they've found it. I doubt I'll get it back.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba
- Bahia Principe Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Olotels, Priceline, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.