We booked Coba on a seat sale for Christmas and didn't really have an idea of what to expect. Well I wasn't prepared for a 2 hour bus ride, but that aside the resort was amazing. It's actually 3 resorts in 1 and you get to use the facilities of all resorts. Overall we had an amazing experience and I would totally return in a heart beat. The staff were wonderful and went out of their way to make our stay fabulous, especially Christmas Eve. A special night was planned with Christmas dinner, Santa Clause on the beach and lovely decorations everywhere.
What I loved about this resort:
Great food. They can cater to celiac's if you need.
Awesome staff. The staff are extremely friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Sergio the entertainment guy at the pool is awesome. Also Felix the PR guy is amazinginly helpful if you run into problems.
Large Rooms: Lots of space in your room including storage.
Awesome Pools: Many to choose from
Wellness Center: Don't miss out on this, Tao Wellness Center is separate from the resort but you get to use so take advantage.
Golf Resort on Site: your room includes a round of golf so make sure you take golf shoes and clothes.
Lots of beach and chairs to enjoy: you can enjoy a hammock, swimming in the ocean or laying on the sand.
What I didn't love:
Hard Beds: Ask for a mattress topper to avoid this.
Paying for safes: necessary but be prepared to pay $5 dollars a day.
Super sweet drinks: I love pina colada's and margaritas but ask for only a little sugar
Long walks from the room to lobby: request a room close to the lobby to avoid long walks to and from.
Basically the resort was fabulous and the what I didn't love are small and easy to avoid. The return for what you pay is fantastic. It is a large resort so make sure to budget in time to get from one resort to the other because you need to take a golf cart. That said being so large, there are many things to do including shopping a the Hacienda, renting bikes and riding around the property, checking out different restuarants around the property and watching the shows at different resorts on the properties.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico