We have stayed at Tulum, Akumal, and Coba. They are all three great resorts, but I think that Coba gets my vote for best, for it's beauty and size. Everything is kept perfect around there. The rooms are big and kept perfectly clean by housekeeping. All of the employees, know matter where you are, weather it be at the pool, beach, bar, buffet, a la cart restaurant, lobby, or grounds keeping, always greet you with a smile and go out of there way to help you.
As for Coba not having a beach, we have stayed at Tulum, and Akumal, and believe me, you will have your toes in the sand just as fast from Coba!
Now, I have read some complaints about the new dolphin pool that just opened at Tulum. I don't get it! What's the big deal? From what I see those dolphins have got it made! They have a great pool with several trainers who pamper and feed them all day long, and they're not out in the ocean with something else trying to eat them! Chill out people! I think its a great thing for the resort to offer, lots of smiles from kids and adults out there!
Our week was filled with wet weather and the threat of hurricane Rina, but that did not really distract from the good time. The staff was well prepared for everything, and kept us informed, fed, and entertained. Very professional!
Overall another great trip, and we are already planning stay number seven next November!
Thanks for another great vacation BHP Coba.
Mark & Renea
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 7 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico