Spent a few days in Akumal at the Luna Azul, 2nd floor 2BR cond. We loved it, and as my youngest son stated, the beach in front "looked just like a Corona commercial".
The condo was kept very clean (not easy to do considering all the sand nearby), and was nicely furnished. The staff was friendly and the manager was very laid back, accomodated our request for an additional night without hesitation.
The only knock against it is the very poor plumbing, which is apparently a common problem in the Akumal area due to the poor condition of the local water & sewage plants. Purified drinking water is provided.
Great location, convienence store 2 doors down, romantic restaurant (La Lunita) nearby, awesome "swing bar" and restaurant "La Buena Vida" (favorite hangout for my 20-something sons).
All in all, a lovely place for a quiet vacation. Will return on our next visit to the Rivera Maya.
See: locogringo.com for reservation details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Azul offers a great choice for visitors to Akumal and the Riviera Maya. Centrally located along Half Moon Bay, Luna Azul is within an easy walk to everything. The sandy beachfront location is perfect for sunbathing and offers easy access to the bay for snorkeling and swimming. Great snorkeling is just in front of Luna Azul. Each unit is air conditioned, with satellite television and wireless internet. Two bedroom, two bath units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Luna Azul Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Azul Condominiums Akumal
- Luna Azul Condominiums Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico