I was not as excited as some reviewers about Luna Azul.
Location- right in center of Half Moon Bay, walking distance to two mini-marts, bike rentals, and four restaurants. Nice beach with good sunset view. Chairs for lounging on the beach.
Staff- next to location in terms of highlights. Prompt, helpful, easy to find. There is night security, parking and bike parking.
Architecture- my principal complaint with this condo. The ground floor units lack privacy facing the ocean, people sitting on deck look into living room. One unit had blacked out window. Made me feel uncomfortable sitting there. I would choose upper floor unit.
The Casita Sur- fronts the road and parking lot, the noise tapers off fairly early but little curb appeal for this unit. The bathroom was the size of one in a sailboat, deal killer for me.
The kitchen area has hot plate, good sized refrigerator sink, small microwave, a few pots/pans, no bowls, and some cups. There are empty shelves for storage but little ambiance/decor. There are two beds in unit but one would be hard pressed to survive many days or bad weather in confines. Wifi does not reach this unit. Another person I spoke to in a regular condo could not get service either, we both sat out in the lobby area, which was fine for me but if you need wifi this unit would not work. We don't watch much tv but wanted to see a special event and could not figure out how to make it work, staff was gone for the day and no instructions in the room.
Seems like maybe the unit is in need of a cash infusion, no really maintenance issues just lack of personal touches that make it nice for extended stay. I would not rent this unit again, condos may be a different story.
If you have accessibility issues, this building is not for you. Stairs to get anywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Azul offers a great choice for visitors to Akumal and the Riviera Maya. Centrally located along Half Moon Bay, Luna Azul is within an easy walk to everything. The sandy beachfront location is perfect for sunbathing and offers easy access to the bay for snorkeling and swimming. Great snorkeling is just in front of Luna Azul. Each unit is air conditioned, with satellite television and wireless internet. Two bedroom, two bath units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Luna Azul Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Azul Condominiums Akumal
- Luna Azul Condominiums Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico