My husband and I go to Akumal yearly. We just love this area and hope someday to retire there permanently. For a number of years, we stayed at the property next door but were disappointed on our last few visits (unfriendly manager, beach not kept clean). This summer, we decided to try Luna Azul and were delighted. We stayed in Bodega Sur, one of the studio units that is not right on the beach but right around the corner and up the stairs. We loved it! Everyone at Luna Azul is friendly and professional. The gentleman who rakes the beach works so hard and keeps the beach beautiful! Our room was always kept spotlessly clean and the air conditioning worked nicely. The beach in front is lovely with an adequate number of palapas and lounge chairs. Because this is Half Moon Bay, the water entry is somewhat rocky but if you take water shoes, you will have no problem going into the gorgeous turquoise Caribbean waters! Luna Azul is also just a short walk from La Buena Vida, our favorite bar and restaurant in Akumal. We loved Luna Azul and hope to stay there again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Azul offers a great choice for visitors to Akumal and the Riviera Maya. Centrally located along Half Moon Bay, Luna Azul is within an easy walk to everything. The sandy beachfront location is perfect for sunbathing and offers easy access to the bay for snorkeling and swimming. Great snorkeling is just in front of Luna Azul. Each unit is air conditioned, with satellite television and wireless internet. Two bedroom, two bath units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Luna Azul Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Azul Condominiums Akumal
- Luna Azul Condominiums Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico