“Impeccable Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Bahia Principe Tulum

You added Grand Bahia Principe Tulum to your Saves list
Grand Bahia Principe Tulum
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Crta Chetumal - Cancun Km 250, Akumal 77760, Mexico   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Akumal
Montreal, Canada
“Impeccable Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I came here about a year ago and it is perfect in every way, GREAT FOOD, is basically in a jungle, lots of wildlife on site, and Great rooms!!! Great selection of drinks, Great selection of restaurants on site, Interesting disco in its own section of the hotel, and trains that bring you in 3 different hotels

The best part are the shows at night which are of very high calibre

I am returning the 3rd of june

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RRPPTULUM, Public Relations at Grand Bahia Principe Tulum, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Manny:

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate that you took the time to remember us. Your experience is a true testament of the dedication of our staff to ensure that you have all the necessary ingredients for an unforgettable vacation. Thank you for make a comment for our shows, some of them are specifically made for our Grand Bahia Principe guest. We will pass your positive comments to our animation department.

It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we could fulfill your expectations and be assured that it is wonderful to know that you are coming back to our premises. Please do not hesitate to send us a note with your wishes before your next arrival to: info.tulum@bahia-principe.com

Kindly Regards
Public Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,342)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful resort, frindly service, good food, clean rooms, awesome activities for kids. Beach is only good around Akumal hotel. A la carte was hard to find spots for. Mini trains that take you around were frequent and a big hit with our 4 year old.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member:

Thank you very much for coming with your family to Grand Bahia Principe Resort and for writing on Trip Advisor about your great experience.

It is nice to know that you have enjoyed our service and the hotel facilities.

As we love to receive the positive comments, we also are taking notes about the things that we can improve and make it better for our guests.

It would be our pleasure to host you again.

Best Regards
Hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Too many people complain about such minor things. No holiday will be 100% perfect. Yes 2 of our lamps in room didnt work in hacienda room but who cares we could see using the other 3 lamps! yes a couple times we didnt have dinner til 10 so we just drank until our dinner :) This was our 2nd time and was even better than 1st time 2 years ago. Not just because my boyfriend proposed on beach first morning we were there!! Rooms big,cleaned everyday and mini bar stocked....happy days. Pool and beach amazing....we like to get up early and have brekky about 8 then put towels done....loads at that time, again happy days. Staff the most friendliest I've ever met, always say hello to you even when it's so hot and they're worked off their feet. Complex massive which is great to walk off all the food and drink consumed and the signs are clear enough to where everything is, is a bit dark some places at night but we just asked people directions and they were more than helpful. If you want a brilliant holiday with a few excursions (coco bongos and xcaret recommended), also down hacienda disco to drink and dance until 2am while meeting new folk, then come here!!

Room Tip: I'd say upgrade to hacienda club in tulum as its a great location by a few different pools to ch...
Dear Lucky Girl:

Congratulations for your engagement first of all, and thank you very much your informative review about your experience in Grand Bahia Principe Tulum. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful vacation with us.

Thank you for taking the time to write on your experience here at Trip Advisor website and we are sure your comments are also valuable for other readers.

Your special mention of the staff that enhanced the quality of your trip was also greatly appreciated. We recognize that our staff plays a valuable role in the vacation experience of our guests, but reviews like yours serve to motivate us even more.

Please feel free to contact me to create and amazing experience for your wedding.

Regards
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I would like to start off by saying that I am no world traveller and I am not picky whatsoever, I just like to have a good relaxing time with good food.

ROOMS- The rooms were really nice, nice fixtures, comfy beds and the fridge was restocked daily. The air conditioner and fan worked fine, we actually woke up cold some nights. The shower is a little odd, the door only covers half the shower so the floor and counter get wet each time, but that was not really a big deal to us at least, we just put a towel down and all was fine.

BEACH- The beach on the Tulum side of the resort was a little rocky, but it was still very beautiful. We just took the trolley over to the Akumal beach side and it was perfect.

FOOD- Like I said earlier I am not picky, I enjoy pretty basic food. The food to me was good, I enjoyed the buffet breakfasts and dinners, there was so many options for me and my kids. We ate at 3 alacartes, Pescador, Tequila and Mikado. The food at Pescador was not my style, I am not really a seafood eater so I'm not going to say anything bad about it, it just wasn't for me. The other people I ate with loved it. Tequila had good food, it wasn't over the top great but again it was good. Mikado was good aswell. We had a show table which was pretty awesome.

POOLS- The pools were all very nice. They were always clean, and there always seemed to be chairs and palapas available. I read in another review that the pool areas were very slippery and I have no idea what they were talking about, I didn't notice it at all, and my two young children were fine walking around the pools.

KIDS CLUB- Our kids loved the kids club, we only put them in a couple times but they never wanted to leave. On the day we were leaving we had to stop in and pick up what we left there and my son wanted to stay and was very upset when he found out he couldn't. Teresa in the kids club was so good with the kids, they really liked her.

TROLLEYS- I must say that these were very much appreciated. The resort itself is huge and then when you factor in that there are the Akumal and Coba sides it is massive. Some reviewers mentioned that they did not like the trolleys and that they were in the way on the walkways, but I have to say that I was so happy to see them at times. We travelled wth 4 kids under ten and there were times that between the 8 of us we were so tired and hot and then along would come a trolley and save the day. I mean sometimes they would come up fast behind you so we would just make sure to keep an eye out, but we appreciated them.

All in all I have to say that we loved the resort, we don't plan on returning to Mexico now for a few years cause we wish to travel to other countries but we would definitly recommend this resort to friends and family. The staff were great and so friendly.

Room Tip: Depending on who you are travelling with will depend what room you like, we satyed in Villa 6 and th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ashlee:

First of all thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write your impressions.

Being a three hotel complex gives Grand Bahia Principe Resort the opportunity to have several options to offer to our guests. We appreciate that you took the time to specify the highlights of your trip: great kids club, delicious and varied food; good transportation between the hotels, friendly and efficient staff and relaxing beach.

You have been very nice in writing your comments on this site, thank you for providing us with it. And moreover, for your recommending us to your friends and family.

We look forward to your return Grand Bahia Principe Resort for more pampering.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was my first time to the Riveria Maya side of Mexico. I had a great time and the hotel and the food was good. There are 3 hotels at this resort and Tulum is the one right on the beach. The resort has something for everyone (families, couples and groups). I would go back to the resort in a heart beat.

Room Tip: There are no elevators at the resort...so if dont like stairs, get a ground floor
Dear Chris,

Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at Grand Bahia Principe Resort.

We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention the comments about your stay in our Hotel.

It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we could fulfill your expectations and be assured that it is wonderful to know that you are considering coming back to our premises.

Thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you again at Grand Bahia Principe Tulum.

Best regards,
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed at the Tulum hotel for 10 days this April, which was not long enough none of us wanted to leave!! During the holiday our son got married there which was Amazing and we would highly recommend anyone planning on getting married to get wed at the Tulum in mexico honestly you wont be disappointed. Everything was excellent and we love the mexican people they cannot do enough for you they made our stay here perfect. The meals and restaurants were great we especially enjoyed the Tequila restaurant (mexican) the staff were lovely especially Alfredo he was brilliiant made us all feel very welcome and took good care of us. "Thankyou Alfredo cant wait to see you and everyone at Tequilas again soon"! The wedding meal we had at Don Pablos which couldnt get any better, the food was first class and the staff brilliant - was the perfect restaurant for the wedding meal. We cannot fault anything about this place it is the Best and we will be Back!!! The only one negative thing i can say is the Dolphin pool which is waaaay to small, the dolphins were fab and awsome to watch but sad to see in such a small pool so Please gran bahia tulum give these wonderful creatures a place they deserve. Otherwise amazing hol, amazing place and fantastic people.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the hacienda diamond suites as a wedding party, these rooms cost a little bit ex...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Julie:

It was a true pleasure to be part of such an important moment of your life like your son's wedding. All Grand Bahia Principe staff sends you their best wishes.

We know how important the wedding days are for a couple and I feel happy you enjoy them with the entire group.

We truly understand your mail and appreciate the opinion that all of our present and future customers may have about a dolfinarium in an hotel complex, some of them are against the dolphin captivity, others appreciate the new attraction being in hands of a professional organization, as an enterprise with experience in the building of a controlled habitat in specially created aquariums. The operation consists in a state-of-the-art life support system that changes the water in the pools every two hours and the dolphins are supervised, trained and taken care of by professional biologists. The dolphins have never known the open seas experience as they are born in captivity which is not an excuse or explanation to defend this activity, but information we want to give to our concerned customers.

Feel free to contact us to create and amazing experience for their first anniversary.

We all hope to see you all again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have been meaning to write this review for almost 2 years now.. I appreciate that certain things will be out of date, however I feel it is important to acknowledge this fab hotel!

Thomas Cook were doing a special offer at the time and we were upgraded due to booking at a certain time; which meant that we had our own private check in area with free laptop rental, wifi and no queues! Before departing for Mexico I emailed the hotel to request a room with a sea view, and on a high floor if possible. It was no special occassion, just a simple cheeky little ask. When we arrived at the hotel after a long flight (and a long transfer from Cancun Airport) we were shown to our room by a nice bellboy who insisted on carrying our bags up 3 flights of stairs and into our ocean view room! We had a spectacular view of the Wedding Gazebo and the beach (room 3524).

At check in, we were informed to make restaurant reservations asap, and so booked the Japanese (2x), Mexican, French and Brazilian. Due to our upgrade, we were also entitled to eat breakfast in the Mexican restaurant, and we found this to be very convienient as it was about 10 steps from our room, never had any queues, always had clean tables, plenty of food choice, and fantastic waiters who got to know us by name! Each and every restaurant we ate in, we absolutely loved, and we got to enjoy a wide variety of high standard food such as caviar, lamb chops, scallops, and fillet mingion. Within the main buffet restaurants, we were never short of choice. There was everything from pizza and chicken nuggets, to beef stirfry and sushi! Dotted around in each canteen there were ice cream machines... a thing which my partner could not have been happier about, and we visited these stations about 4 times each day! We also ate in the 24 hour canteen, which was adequate... plenty of chicken nuggets, chips, salads, and ice cream, however it did lack the selection of foods found in the other food courts around the hotels! We also particularly enjoyed the numerous bars and slushy cocktail dispensers located around the grounds for keeping hydrated in the hot sun!

The entertainment around the 3 hotels was as to be expected from an all inclusive resort. It does its job, and provides something to do on a night where you cant be bothered venturing outside of the resort, however it is by no means a broadway show! Just make sure to take advantage of the yummy cocktails on offer...

We took a trip to Coco Bongo one night and had the best time!! Cant remember price unfortunately, but we arranged with Thomas Cook (who have an office located within the main lobby) and they arranged a bus for pick up and drop off. Would highly recommend! Thomas Cook also arranged our trip to Dolphenus which was another fab excursion and much better than swimming with the dolphins in the hotel IMO.

My partner is very active and enjoyed the various pool activities throughout the day, including volleyball, beach soccer, water aerobics, and drinking games, so I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is sporty and needs something to keep them occupied throughout the day! However, the beach is beautiful so it also suits people like myself who enjoy lying by the sea all day and soaking up the sun rays!

All in all it was a 5* resort which exceeded its expectations and we will return the next time we visit the Riviera Maya!

Ps. A random, but hopefully helpful tip... take dollars instead of pesos as you will get a better exchange rate and from our experience, they are accepted everywhere! We took half and half and regretted it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RRPPTULUM, Public Relations at Grand Bahia Principe Tulum, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear viajero de Grand Bahia Principe Resort:

On behalf of the staff and management of the Grand Bahia Principe Tulum hotel, we would like to thank you for letting us know that we have exceeded your expectations.

At the Grand Bahia Principe Resort we take pride in offering our guests good accommodations and the very best in food and beverages.

Thank you for giving us your nice feedback about the time you had here and the activities that you had enjoyed. The “Club Hacienda” is a very exclusive section which has extra amenities and private areas. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the privacy and exclusivity of this section and the variety of food in all the restaurants and buffets.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort sometime in the near future. Please, do not hesitate to contact us should you need any assistance at: info.tulum@bahia-principe.com

Kindest Regards,
Public Relations

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Tulum? Share your experiences!