We spent a lovely week at this resort in March, and really enjoyed ourselves. We were in Club Diamond which I highly recommend due to the ability to eat breakfast and lunch in a smaller, more intimate buffet at the Tequila restaurant. The grounds of the resort are storybook immaculate, the beaches and pools are gorgeous, and the food in the buffets and a la cartes was delicious whether you wanted to eat healthy or indulge yourself. For the most part, staff were friendly and attentive. We particularly want to thank Gabriel at the Tequila buffet for making our breakfasts and lunches so pleasant, and for the fun surprise of special drinks at our last lunch there. We had a blast dancing and singing karaoke in the square at the Coba, and thank staff and patrons alike for humouring my sister and me as we signed up for song after song to sing!
Our only poor experience was at the Tortuga restaurant. We had a late seating as it is very popular, but found that it was not at all worth the wait. The host was rude and condescending, and whether it was because of the later hour or because there weren't enough staff, the service was extremely poor, and we could see that other guests, like us, were frustrated that we were waiting a very long time for food.
My only other comments are that due to the size of the resort and the fact that all the villas look the same, signage could be improved to help prevent people from walking in circles to get to their restaurant or other desired location. Also, though the room was well kept, the beds were very uncomfortable--best sleeps I had were on the beach!
All in all, a great week, and I would definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (1 h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico