We stayed at Grand Bahia Prinicipe Tulum from 19th February till 6th March and it was our another great holiday.
Hotel complex actually consist of 3 hotels - Tulum, Coba and Akumal, but as we found out from walking on the beach - the Tulum one has the best beach. We stayed in Villa 15 which has a great location - it is not too far from main bar and it is also very close to the beach, its snack bar, smaller pool and 24/7 bar.
The rooms are very clean and our maid was very nice - full of positive attitude and very friendly. It was very nice to talk to her. She always made sure we had loads of toiletries in our bathroom.
Food in our buffet restaurant was very good too - lots of choices, but you have to be open minded and remember it is still a buffet, so do not expect too much. We loved our Mexican Corner!
For every week of your stay you are also allowed 3 bookings in a la carte restaurants and you have quite a few to choose from overall in 3 hotels. We chose La Gran Tortuga-Rodizio, Don Pablo and Tequila Restaurant at Tulum and Mikado and Mediterráneo Restaurant.
We were looking forward to the first one, Brazilian one, because recently we went to one of the Brazilian restaurants in UK, but I am afraid it did not live up to our expectations. It was not the best, but still alright. Restaurants I would not recommend is the Tequila and Mediterráneo - we did not find there anything exciting. Restaurants definitely worth visiting are Mikado (Japanese) and Don Pablo (Gourmet). We really enjoyed them both and visited Mikado twice and if we had more reservations available we would have surely gone to Don Pablo again.
Snack bar was serving quite basic food as burger, chips, nachos etc, but to be honest that is all what you need on the beach. Tip: look out for on the beach grill - that is making fresh meats on the grill and is very tasty.
The resort is very beautiful and well maintained - some people could probably fault it, but for us it is understandable it is hard to clean such a big area with over 70 villas, 18 rooms in each. That makes few thousand people coming and going at all the time!!! They try their best and do some little drawings even on the sand on their ashtrays!!!
There are golf carts transporting you between 3 hotels, rooms and restaurants, but beware of staff trying to take you to the VIP Club and attempting to sell you time share. That is the only down side of the hotel, but on the other hand you get some money towards activities you choose (golf, spa, excursions).
There is lots to do when it comes to activities - you can play golf, riding bicycles, play tennis, do scuba, play golf (extra charge), go to shows which are every night, attend Spanish classes or just chilled at their few bars.
We chose to stay on the beach and do excursions - Tulum, Coba and Chichen Itza. All worth seeing if you fly in our case 10hrs to this part of the world!
If you like your drinks we recommend you get them from the main bar as you can get branded alcohols there (if you tip the waiters, they will give you very generous amount!) and not only local spirits which you get all over the resort. While we are on the subject of the main bar - we would like to praise our favourite barman, Caleb - he took real care of us and it was very pleasant to talk to him.
In the resort there is also Hacienda Don Isabel where you will find a disco, GP, pharmacy and a lots of shops and stalls. They do actually offer quite good price as we found out when we went out outside resort. Many items were actually cheaper then outside resort and the only better prices were offered at the stalls at Chichen Itza. If you plan to go there, buy your souvenirs there - you get bargains!
Overall - it is a very good hotel with good food, brilliant location and very friendly staff. Highly recommended!!! You will not regret it :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (1 h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico