My husband and I went to this hotel on December 2nd 2012 for 2 weeks, and it was definately the best choice of hotel we have made.
The hotel itself was so relaxing, the grounds kept immaculate and the staff all so friendly (and thats without tipping!) they couldn't do enough to help, especially in the restaurant. On one occasion there was no bacon out for breakfast and the chef asked what I was looking for, he told me there was no bacon on today, but would go and cook me some - and he did, what brilliant service. My only one point would be that the food is not the hottest that it could be, a few people were complaining about that while we were there, but the choice of food was the best we have ever been, and we have been all over the caribbean.
Would definately recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet relaxing getaway. Plenty of sunbeads and enough areas to have quiet time, or areas where you can join in all the fun. The rooms are kept spotless by the staff with your fridge replenished everyday.
The weather was perfect, only 2 showers in the night all the time we were there and even warm in the nights. Lots of wildlife to be seen in the grounds and the dolphins are beautiful to watch. Some room blocks are quiet a walk from the main areas, but in such lovely grounds, it doesn't matter, but there are plenty of buggies/little trains around to transport you if you don't want to walk.
Thank you to everyone who made such a fabulous holiday for us, will definately come back again, so much nicer than Cancun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (1 h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico