This was the second stay at this hotel (first was in 2007) and I enjoyed a lot and since that time a dolphins pool was added where guests can interact with them for a fee.
The rooms are big and clean, with nice views to the pools and gardens. The food was what I liked less, the buffets meals have limited choice and not very appealing. However, there are a la carte restaurants that you can reserve a table(3 nights out of seven). The thematic restaurants are Gourmet, Mexican, Italian, Seafood and Brazilian. Do not miss the Seafood and Brazilian meat rodízio where the grilled pineapple with cinnamon is a perfect ending for the dinner.
There is a dive shop within the resort. I dived the turtle reef, cenote and two Cozumel dives. Dive staff is very friendly and helpful.
The beach is very nice with white sand. There are some artificial breakwaters that make it very safe for children. Although there are pieces of coral and small rocks on the shallows that can hurt your feet. Be sure to take some beach footwear to avoid any unpleasant surprise.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico