“Good food, great fun! ” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Cameron, Wisconsin
“Good food, great fun! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

While spending a day in Akumal with the family, a group of 6, we stopped in here to grab a bite to eat. Actually, they waved us in and said the first round of margaritas were on the house. They were very good. Strong, but good. The food was delicious and came out fairly fast and the complimentary chips and salsa were never allowed to run low. The staff were super friendly and funny. They made you feel like long lost family:) While we waited for our entrees, they came out with mustaches and sombreros for everyone and took pictures of our group, perfect for this year's Christmas cards, lol! I can't wait to go back here!

Wi.
“Great food and a fun place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Our family of 6 visited Akumal for a day snorkeling. First time for 4 of them. After swimming with the turtles we decided to have something to eat before our return to Playa Del Carmen. Pancho Villas wasn't there on our last visit in the area. We were "called" in with the offer that the first round of drinks were on the house, who can pass that up ? The waiter brought our drinks out followed by the sombreros and mustaches for all. What fun, they offered to take a few pics. also. We all had a very good meal. We had a blast here.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Simple, tasty food with great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

It's definitely a shame that I was only in Akumal a day - this was without a doubt one of the better meals I had on my trip to Mexico; including my time in Mexico City and Merida. The food isn't the cheapest (and also isn't the most expensive) but tasted delicious - I can't really call the other things I've eaten before burritos next to the one that I ate here. The staff are so friendly and attentive too, there really wasn't anything to fault with my visit.

I'm really unsure as to why some of the other reviewers have left so-so ratings - perhaps the place is hit and miss and I managed to venture in on a good day, or maybe other people prefer the lure of the gimmicky brightly-coloured chairs next door. Definitely give this place a try.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Cod, MA
“Average Dining Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We travel to Akumal a lot, and were interested in trying this new restaurant. It's located away from the water, between two other restaurants. The restaurant is small, but they've done a nice job with the décor. Our server was very friendly and efficient. The menu was typical and not particularly exciting. My wife wasn't too hungry and just had soup, which was good. I had chicken fajitas which were good. All in all, nothing bad to report, but nothing particular to draw us back again either.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lansing
“Perfectly Fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We (3 couples) were in Akumal for 8 nights. We intended to go to one of the restaurants next door, but decided to try Pancho Villa's. We were pleasantly surprised, as we had read some mixed reviews. The fish tacos were good! Wilbur was engaging and fun. We had our photo taken with Mexican hats and mustaches. We would go back again. Give them a try.

• 4 of 5 stars Food