“Great Dives at Cozumel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scubaquatic

Scubaquatic
Carretera Chetumal B. Juarez KM 250 | Interior Hotel Bahia Principe, Akumal 77737, Mexico
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 21 Activities in Akumal
Type: Water sports, Adventure
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Great Dives at Cozumel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Bahia Principe Coba from Jan 8th to 17th. It was too windy/wavy/rough for us to do any local diving. I have never ventured over to Cozumel, so I decided it was time to do that! So I booked a Cozumel dive trip with Scubaquatic on my resort.

What a great day! They help load the gear into the van, took us up to Playa del Carmen, then ferried over to Cozumel, then taxied to marina, then boated to dive sites. They carry the gear for you the entire time.

First dive was San Francisco wall site, about 50 ft for 1 hour.
Second dive was Paraiso, about 40 ft for 45 min.

Both dives were excellent. Great vis, lots of coral and fish. Saw a stingray, spotted eagle ray, grouper, barracuda, giant crab and a sea turtle. Best diving I've done since I went to Maui, Hawaii.

Excellent staff. Octavio was our dive leader - very friendly, informative and helpful.

Tom took video and I ended up buying the video because it is just so crystal clear and wonderful.

Kudos to the whole staff at Scubaquatic! :-)

Visited January 2013
ERNESTOAKUMAL, Gerente at Scubaquatic, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
it is always vry nice to hear from our customers good things that make us to keep in the track and keep improving to do our best. kind regrads jennifer.

Amherst, NS
“Diving in for the Third Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Third time back using this Dive Operator and was never let down. Walking up
to the counter, and there was Sebastian to greet me. It had been a year and yet it seemed like yesterday as we talked at the counter.

I did a total of 12 dives with them over my stay, 10 at the resort and 2 at
Cenotes. When heading to the Cenotes, there were some issues with the other divers, Carlos handled them so well, ending their dive when needed, then escorted me though the Cenotes, just him and myself.

The staff is great, experts in what they do. The captain on the boat always
dropped us on a great site, Our Dive masters Carlos Langner, and Alex, always
professional. As an instructor myself, the professional courtesy extended to myself and my dive partner was much appreciated.

Lion Fish hunting was excellent each and every time we could, the sea life was amazing! From turtles, to huge puffer fish, eels, barracuda of all sizes, many spiny lobster, each dive (even if back to the same site, when requested) was a new and exciting experience.

To the entire staff at Scuba Quatic, Mexico my thanks!!

I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great experience to use the
facility at this resort! If you are a diver, don't miss out on the opportunity to get wet!

I was able to bring back Blue Ray, and DVD video and a CD of photos thanks to
Thomas and Matt, the quality of all was amazing.

Colin

Visited December 2012
Colin thaks so much to take the time and write to us, it is always very good to hear back from our customers to let us keep improving and doing our best to do your holidays as easy and enjoyable as possible.

kind regards