“One of the best massages I've had anywhere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 18 activities in Akumal
Type: Spas
Attraction Details
Carrboro
“One of the best massages I've had anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Having had a lot of body work done from a number of therapists- from hotel spas to local independents- I know quickly when I'm being worked on by a particularly skilled massage therapist. I recently had two sessions with Karla and would rate her among the best I've experienced. I like a deep tissue massage but not at the expense of the flowing relaxation. I've had some massages where it was "all work" and some massages that felt too soft and without any real therapeutic value past relaxing. Karla managed to put it all together with great depth and really relaxing flow. I highly recommend her! And, on a side note, my partner had Juan work on her twice and she was simply ecstatic with her sessions as well. Lovely people. Lovely place.

Visited October 2013
Budhagardenspa, Owner at Budha Gardens Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for coming to Akumal and Budha Gardens Spa! I am happy to hear you had a wonderful services and a relaxing time here with us. Please come again and thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor! Hope to see you soon on your next trip here!

“Great way to end our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Decided to check out the Budha Gardens Spa on our last full day in Akumal. Quaint spot located just inside the archway in town. I ordered a Swedish massage and Juan did amazing work. Very friendly relaxed atmosphere. We'll definitely come back here on our next visit!

Visited August 2013
Budhagardenspa, Owner at Budha Gardens Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for stopping by Budha Gardens Spa, happy to hear you had a great massage by Juan, Please on your next trip to Akumal be sure to come and see us again.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
110 attraction reviews
“Relaxing Massage at his best on the Mayan Riviera”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

In Akumal Beach at the Mayan Riviera in Mexico, you can find this jewel simple spa!

I experienced a 1 hour Swedish massage that was very beneficial to my back pain. The masseuse Karla De Leon has what I call good hands for massage. And believe me, I have been experiencing massage everywhere I travel, from Saint Martin to Malaysia, to Japan, to Hungary, to Brazil, you name it. This was quite good. Plus, she used it a special Swiss oil which is a mix of different herbs and that helps to calm your skin.

After a maybe intense active day at the beach (are you kidding?!) a massage can be a special treat to yourself for sure, if well done. This was the case.

Easy to fin the Spa at the entrance of the Akumal beach.

Visited July 2013
Budhagardenspa, Owner at Budha Gardens Spa, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for coming to Budha Garden Spa. Thank you for your kind review about our spa and the therapist. We are happy to hear you had a relaxing time and a therapeutic massage. Hope you have a great stay the remainder or your time here in Rivierab Maya, come back soon
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Ultimate relaxation in a tropical oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Incense greets you at the palapa entryway, inviting you down a sidewalk into a tranquil garden courtyard. This lovely tropical garden oasis was so inviting I lingered there prior to the massage and afterwards, as well. Lorinda made me feel immediately welcomed and quickly assessed my needs for the appointment. Ruby led me to a very elegant and cozy bungalow where I could feel stress melting away. The massage was relaxing,therapeutic and quite effective, including some reflexology.The spa menu offers a myriad of wellness procedures for your body needs, and the Budha Spa staff take great care in making you well and relaxed on your journey. This is a destination not to be missed on your next visit to Akumal. I am looking forward to a return to see how the garden has grown. Walk to the pink shop next door and find some wonderful artisan chocolate to make your visit complete :)

Visited August 2013
Budhagardenspa, Owner at Budha Gardens Spa, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for coming to Budha Gardens Spa. I am glad you had a relaxing time in the gardens and a great therapeutic massage treatment. We look forward to your next visit, soon. Thank you for your wonderful rating on trip advisor.
Stann Creek, Stann Creek, Belize
“Heaven is a place on earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Budha Gardens Spa must be included on your next trip to Akumal. So relaxing, so amazing. I have had massages before but never like that. From the moment I stepped up to their reception and passed into their garden and massage area, I felt transported to another world. I search for words to describe but none can do justice. I got the deep tissue massage, just the correct pressure, took all my aches and knots totally away. My only regret? That I wondered into the spa on my very last day of vacation.....thank you so very much Juan.

Visited July 2013
Budhagardenspa, Owner at Budha Gardens Spa, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for coming to Budha Garden Spa. I am glad you found "Heaven on Earth" at at the Akumal Spa. It was nice seeing you here relaxing and melting all your troubles away! Please come again soon. Thank you