Back in the mid 1990's a very good friend of mine told me about an awesome trip he had taken with a diving club out of Dallas; he told me of a wonderful location call Villas DeRosa in Akumal, Mexico. Back in 2007 My family and this friend visited this great get away. We had so much fun and enjoyed ourselves so much, we decided to schedule our 2010 Thanksgiving trip back to this wonderful resort. Villas DeRosa is a scuba divers heaven, but more than that, it is a great place to take a family for a vacation. You usually book the trip with Tony Sr. here in the states, He is very flexible and makes sure to get you the exact type of room you need. Tony Jr. is waiting in MX with the staff of Tony's, Tommy and Rob and the kitchen folks. They have some of the best rooms on the beach. Our Room was on the ground floor and we woke each morning to an amazing sunrise over the eastern Caribbean ocean. About 30 steps and you could get right into the 78 Degree water and spend the day. There is a beach bar that is almost always open with excellent prices. The kitchen is open 8-8 CST and will bring your food to your room, the roof, the beach or the bar; you choose. The food is excellent quality and very reasonably priced. Probably the most important part of all the cool things(Clean rooms, daily room service, bottled water, full kitchen, refrig, separate living and Dining areas, deck, foot wash, etc) this resort has to offer over all the big named resorts, is the family feeling you get talking, eating and playing alongside the staff. Three years ago Tony Jr. taught my wife and son how to body surf. Tony Jr. will help you find the right activity you are looking for, he and other staff have taken us on small non-diving cenote excursions around the Akumal area, recommend specific guides for diving, the Coba and Talum ruins and the many different parks around the area. One of our favorites this year was a day at X-PLOR, it was $100/per USD, but it was worth every dime. You were able to zip-line, drive amphibian atv's and swim in the cenotes in the park; also all food was included and it was great. It is hard to describe all the great times and things we did in the six short days during this trip, I guess the only way to really know is to pick up the phone and make a reservation. Thanks again to the entire staff at Villas DeRosa, we shall return !
For those who are scuba divers there are really 3 types to choose from; ocean open water, cenote cavern and cenote Cave. If you are an open water diver there are great spots to spend a lazy day with a small boat captain and enjoy a very low stress dive environment. The beauty and attraction of this part of Mexico is the cenote diving. Cenotes are the gem of this part of the world. Many are connected by underground rivers and streams, and therefore allow a entry level cavern diver to really explore some of the most beautiful rooms and systems in the world. The diving is pretty shallow, usually less than 30 feet and usually 10-20 feet deep. Finally for the experienced Cave diver, there is the caves that also run between all the cenotes and the individual systems. My daughter, friend and I are all experienced FL cave divers and we spent 2 great days with Danielle who works as an cavern and cave dive guide. Even though I am very experienced and comfortable in caves, I like to get the local talent to show us those unknown areas where few have found and seen; You'll have to call and schedule your dives with Danielle to find those same locations. We have used her as a dive guide for the past 3 visits to DeRosa, the first time it was just the guide they assigned us, every time after that, Danielle was the guide we asked for to show us around; thanks Danielle for a great time !
- Also Known As:
- Aquatech Villas Derosa Hotel Akumal
- Aquatech Villas Derosa Hotel
- Aquatech Hotel Derosa
- Aquatech Villas DeRosa Resort Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas DeRosa is a small family owned resort offering 1,2 & 3 bedroom beachfront condos with hotel rooms facing the swimming pool. Each condo enjoys a private balcony, spacious living area with dining room and fully equipped kitchen. Local or international meals can be catered to your dining room or enjoyed at our beach bar or poolside cafe. Aquatech, our on-site PADI dive center, is available for reef diving, cenote diving and dive training. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Aquatech Villas DeRosa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.