People are so funny on reviews. This is a great hotel. There are four hotels in one at the Grand Palladium so there are tons of choices on where to go and what to do.
We stayed in a jr. suite very close to the ocean on the second floor which was nice. If you want a view you can't be on ground level because there is so much jungle! Our room was always kept very clean and we always had enough towels and all of that good stuff.
The beach is beautiful white sands and if you are picky about your seat head down early and sleep in the sunshine! Inside the water is a little rocky so if you're a super wuss bring some water shoes. Over closer to the Riviera side (one of the other resorts) there is a lot of coral which makes for some cool snorkelling!
The food is what it always is a all-inclusive resorts, they ship everything in to please the masses, which means keeping everything more plain. Pleasing 3000 people's food preferences can be hard. That being said I always found something yummy and healthy to eat. You aren't going to get authentic mexican food unless you out of your resort (pretty much the same as any country)
If you're picky about your alcohols go to the churchhill or hemingway bars in the kantenah, they serve premium alcohol and they are never busy so they can take there time with your drink.
The White Sands's pool tends to be less busy but the pool bar is better because your butt actually goes below the water. On the Colonial/Kantenah side it feels like more of a party, but only your legs dangle in the water. If you don't like hearing the people talking on the microphone all day at the pool go to the other side of the pool and it's barely audible.
The salt water pool is neat because it's just the ocean protected by rocks so it's a great place to practice or learn snorkelling because the fish come right in. This is also where the cabana beds you've seen in the pictures are. They also have the "white party" where you wear white on Monday. My boyfriend and I won some tequila and t-shirts it was super fun.
It's a big resort which means that there is a walk to go places. And what a bonus! With the amount of alcohol and food I was consuming I didn't gain a pound because I was moving around all the time!
The spa is beautiful and relaxing on a rainy day it gets pretty busy though. It was also free to go there, I'm not sure if that for year round though. My favourite was to so in the inferred sauna, dip in the cold pool and then hit the hot tub. I had a massage and got to shower in one of the outdoor showers surrounded by greenery, it was really neat. (we also haggled them down on the price at the spa)
Use your safe, but don't be so paranoid about people stealing your stuff, every night the staff get off their shift they go through a tunnel were they are frisked. If you're leaving gifts sometime you have to leave a note and sign it saying it was a gift for that person. I left money and jewellery out (because I'm reckless) and nothing was ever stolen.... until I got to the airport.... then the airport staff stole a bunch of stuff from my bag, so bring on the important stuff on your carry on!
Overall I had a great time. My only worry is about the bridges getting old. They got a ton of rain this year and the bridges are starting to rot. They should be replaced. Other than that I had a great time! Also I don't feel like spell checking this... so hopefully I didn't mess up too bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan