Our family of 6 adults spent 2 weeks at this hotel in late September and early October. Transfer from airport to hotel was tiring after the 9 hour flight from Manchester but was worth it. The check in was quick and professional and we were all given upgrades to Junior Suites. We were taken to our rooms by Electric Buggy along with our suitcases. We all had adjacent suites, as we had requested. The JS were excellent, all the furnishings were brand new and the decor was perfect, the well stocked minibar was a pleasant surprise.
The resort, consisting of 4 hotels with shared facilities, is large at first glance, but when we got used to the place every where was in reasonable walking distance.
The restaurants cover a wide range of options, from Chinese, Mexican (of course) Brazilian, TexMex and many more. Our particular favourite was the Japanese Show Cooking which I highly recommend. Our only complaint regarding the food was that, apart from the Japanese Show Cooking, it was invariably served only lukewarm, in our part of the UK we like it served hot, even in a warm climate. However, our plates were always empty when we had finished the meal!
The beach, large swimming pools and the smaller quiet pools were well maintained with more than enough sun beds to go round.
The staff were extremely helpful and liked a laugh and a joke and nothing was too much trouble for them.
I would recommend taking the Segway Tour early in your vacation as it takes you around the resort which is a great help in getting your bearings, and good fun at the same time.
We would have liked to see the "real" Mexico, but our first objective was to get some Autumn sun at a reasonable price. We can always go back and visit less touristy places later.
I have no problem in highly recommending this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Palladium Grand
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort And Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.