“The Grand Palladium Kantenah” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal-Puerto Juarez Km, 256-100 | Municipio Solidaridad, Akumal 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #7 of 20 hotels in Akumal
Toronto, Canada
“The Grand Palladium Kantenah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was our first visit to the Grand Palladium Kantenah (from March 28, 2013 to April 4, 2013). When we arrived we were told that our room would be situated near the parking lot and main lobby. This was not acceptable to us and we requested another room. They could not provide us with an alternate room without our having to pay $400 for an upgrade to a junior suite, which we did. That was the unfortunate part. Things got better from thereon. The property was very clean and spacious. There were plenty of animals running around the property which the kids loved. The pools were the cleanest and warmest we have experienced in all our years of travel to the Mayan Riviera. The Ocean-fed pool on the south end of the property was a pleasant surprise. If you go to this resort you must check it out. There is a terraced seating area with its own bar and washroom facilities not to mention a number of open-air cabanas for lounging. The buffets offered great variety and were exceptional. The beach was very long and well maintained so if you enjoy a long stroll along the beachfront you would appreciate this one.
We would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear jill155019,

Thank you for share with us and other readers your comments.

Have a nice day!!

2,708 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

When we stepped out of our bus we knew we were in paradise. Everything was so lush and beautiful, beyond what we could have ever expected. My husband and I stayed at Grand Palladium Kantenah from April 4-April 11. We can say with confidence that this resort is perfect for everyone; couples, families, people off all ages, there really is something for everyone. Traveling as a couple, even though this is not an adult only resort, it can still be tailored to suit your trip. On the Rivera/White Sand side of the resort there is a private adult only pool on an island (amazing right!) we spent most of our days there relaxing, the spa is 18+ and we enjoyed many of the facilities there that are included at no cost (hot tubs, sauna, waterfalls that you can stand under and an adult only infinity pool) and in addition to that another perk for couples is that the a la cart restaurants have adult only nights, they have a rotating schedule if you want to enjoy a kid free dinner. As for the food at the resort, my husband was over the moon in love with it. He is a carnivore and tried every kind of meat the resort had to offer (and trust me there was a lot!). I on the other hand am a vegetarian and found it a challenge to find food that was tasty and meat free. When I found out they could make veggie burgers at the grill, I was pretty happy and I had that for lunch most days. One tip for the resort to improve upon, would be better vegetarian options in restaurants. Unfortunately I did get food poisoning while I was at the resort, luckily with a little Pepto and some rest; I was good to go by the next day. My guess it was either from eating buffet scrambled eggs…or lettuce (I know not a good idea).My husband took Dukorol before we went and he ate everything under the sun there and didn’t get sick…it might be something that is worth looking into before you go. I don’t blame the staff in any way for this, they are very diligent about the food, constantly replenishing the food and they always make sure you use hand sanitizer before entering the buffets. I don’t want to make it sound like it was all bad, because it wasn’t; we loved the dessert crepes that were made fresh at the buffets on certain nights, beyond delish! We had been warned about ‘time share’ people before going, so I did have my guard up when we arrived. I am happy to say that we were not approached once by time share people, they weren’t even an issue for us at all. There were also no pushy/aggressive vendors on site as there can be at other resorts. When you get off your shuttle, if you arrive before 3 pm a bell boy will take your suit case and line it up in the lobby, he will watch it and you can come back and get it when you check into your room at 3:00. We laughed as we saw tourist get off buses and try to grab their suit cases away from him, not realizing this was common practice and they need to store your suitcases there before you check in. Also don’t worry, he is not trying to make money off of helping you with your suitcase, the bell boys are actually really sweet helpful people just doing their job. We found all of the staff to be very sweet and genuinely kind people, who were proud of their jobs and went out of their way to make guests happy. We saw staff constantly cleaning and maintaining the resort. Their work really paid off as the resort is spotless. One of our favorite staff was the boat driver. There is a boat the drives around the lagoons in the White Sands/Rivera area. It’s free to ride the boat, but I don’t think many people knew they could ride it for free, so they avoided it. The boat driver is great; he slows down the boat so you can take pictures and even stops to point out local wild life or to watch a staff feeding the fish, you can tell he loves his job and really puts his heart into it. Another plus of many at this resort is all the wild life, we LOVED the iguanas. There was even one that lived under our building and was there to greet us every day. We saw many weddings going on, and if you are a bride considering getting married that this resort, you should pick it! It’s the type of resort where you would have no worries at all, they take care of everything. There are BEAUTIFUL wedding venues, there flowers are gorgeous and the spa would be an amazing place to get your hair and makeup done. We were actually kind of jealous that we didn’t get married at Grand Palladium. All in all this was an amazing vacation, made possible by the wonderful staff who take such pride in what they do. Thanks Grand Palladium! We will defiantly be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear InspiredZen,

In behalf of Grand Palladium team, I would like to give you thank you for your comments. I appreciate this information. I will share your comments with the rest of the team.

Please, don't hesitate to contact with us if we can help you with anything in the future.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is our 2nd super cool stay with this resort(first one was palladium Jamaica) we were there from March 29th to April 6th.
first of all i would like to thanks to all employes from the resort,wow!! what a amazing people,
the time we arrived to the resort in the reception there is a gentleman waiting for us welcome,(we booked thru RCI) DAMEN such a great guy he help us all the way through our week along stay,
bar staff is most amazing people, handling six or seven patrons at flip of a seconds,( no offense guys,US and Canada bar attendants pls go and get a training form those guys in this resort ) colonial lobby bar LOUIS . pool bar PEDRO,MARIO one of the fantastic guys. LOUIS no chance great personalty,always happy smile on his face.
food absolutely no complain, we almost ate all the restaurants, Brazilian food classic, my kids were (15 and 8) very happy, we actually went out side the resort to PLAYA DEL CARMEN and AKUMEL ,we took the public mini vans from the out side of the resort ($3.00 per person one-way) totally great trip.
drinks are pretty good (try IGUANA SHOTS from Luis)
after all those good things happen we end up become a GUEST to PALLADIUM FAMILY
thank you guys and gals at palladium see you folks soon at palladium Dominican Republic

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Murali T,

Thank you for your excellent comments. I appreciate your confidence in Palladium.

Please, if we can help you with anything in the future, don't hesitate to contact with us.

Have a nice day!

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was the first time at this resort.It was good,bedding was comfortable,food was good to me,but to others it was only fair.They make a lot of fruity type drinks that dont have much alcohol,their pools are nice,but the beach area only has limited swimming spots because of the reef and rocks.Service was good and we all met great people that we will miss.Brush up on your spanish as it will help.breaking down 20 dollar bills was a challenge,so bring at least a 100 dollars in ones,and maybe another 100 dollars in fives,you may need this for tips and other things that you might do when not using a credit card.Would I recommend this place to other people?Yes I would!

Room Tip: I dont think you many options.The first time their you will get a purple wrist band,and the more you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Steve-Julie-Michigan,

We appreciate your time and comments. For us it's very important to know the opinion of our guest.

With best regards,

Chester, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the GP Kantenah March 15 - 23rd with my sister. We go away each year to an all inclusive so we can catch up and relax as we live in different provinces. This was our first time to Mexico together (I've been 3 other times years before) and our last. I take no joy in writing this review. I have to say the hotel was lovely - the grounds were beautiful and well cared for the public washrooms were always clean and almost all the staff I encountered were friendly, and super competent. The hotel also had some of the best food I've encountered at an all inclusive and I'm a pretty fussy eater. So why can't I recommend this place to you or any of my friends? It was a small thing on the surface but the way it was handled by the hotel security supervisor was just unacceptable. I had a very large canvas beach bag which I had just bought on another trip, to the lovely island of Anguilla, stolen from my room. The bag was not worth a lot of money but was brand new and I'm probably not getting back Anguilla any time soon so hence I was somewhat annoyed. When I went to the front desk to report this I was first told there was nobody there to handle it I'd have to come back, then they said wait a minute and went in the back and found Bernarde (security supervisor). I told Bernarde about the missing bag - he immediately asked me if I wasn't sure I'd just left it somewhere or somebody else in my room didn't take it - this is fine but I explained no I didn't and my sister did not have it and it didn't get up and walk out on it's own. He then said he would come to the room and talk to the cleaning staff so off we went waited for a ride then into the room where he proceeded to talk to the staff (everyone denied seeing it) and then went through everything in my room holding up various objects and asking me if I wasn't sure these things were it. He then told me he would be able to trace anybody who had come into the room with the card readers and he would do an investigation and get back to me. AS IF. Not a word, not a call, not a message and never any apology whatsoever. There was no written report and there didn't appear to be any procedures in place to deal with this. This was not an object that would fit in a safe and not an object someone would even think about putting in a safe - there seems there are no repercussions for the staff for just walking away with guests property. Perhaps if there would have been an apology, some follow up something, anything I would recommend this place as it was can't do it. If you go keep track of your property and don't expect anything if something walks away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear VM2646,

I would offer you our apologies for the incident that you have had and please, we need more information for give you a correct answer.

Aarhus, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

It was with some skepticism that we chose an all-inclusive hotel, but this hotel, supprised really positive. There are so many delicious restaurants to choose from, even the buffet stations offers super delicious food. The service is very good, and despite the fact that it is a place with many rooms, it is relatively quiet and not so overcrowded.

The rooms are large and neat and clean. Much has been done of the entire area, so it's exciting to walk aruond, and there are so many opportunities to be entertained here.

Finally, we also recommend that you take a taxi to Akumal beach to swim out and see the sea turtles. Although there are many people, it is impossible not to see a few if you swim out a little.

We would definitely recommend this hotel to others who intend to go to Akumal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear hojbo,

In behalf of Grand Palladium team, I would like to give you thank you for comments and for your time.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have recently returned from our holiday in Mexico at Palladium Colonial and Kantenah. We travelled together with other friends, 8 in total. The resort is amazing with lots of facilities and things to do. We were a bit concerned about the size of the hole resort but we find it very easy to move around the hole resort. There are lots of paths and alleys or if you can't be bothered walking there is the little train or sort of golf cars that can literally take you everywhere within the resort. The resort is very clean and well maintained. It's almost hard to believe that it is in the jungle.
Restaurants are great and the options are endless. Waiting time in the evening for a la carte ones can be a bit long but they have a very good system in which you receive a beeper to let you know when your table is ready. So the waiting time is actually relaxing time in the lobby drinking something or shopping around. We tried all restaurants and we loved the food.
Entertainment during the evening is very good with quality shows. During the day I think the entertainment could have been a bit better.
The room was properly cleaned and would like to praise our maid Tomasina who made for us all sorts of designs from the towels.
The spa is great and would definitely recommend it. We were also pleased about the sports facilities. There were plenty of tennis courts and we were able to play without booking in advance.
In short it was an amazing holiday and a great value for money.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are fine. No need to upgrade to junior.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Eliza_traveller,

Thank you for your time and good comments.

Best regards,

Resident Manager

Been to Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!