We chose this place based on 'Family' reviews here and price and couldn't have chosen better. We intentionally chose a large resort with lots of options and places to go and that worked well for us. Given the room, services, and lovely expanse of beach, value of this resort is excellent.
ROOM: We were booked at Colonial, but given a room in Kantenah (which had been more expensive when we booked online) 2nd floor room, block 45 in gorgeous, jungle-view, super-clean room; we never heard our neighbours; had a stroller, but didn't really need it. For the people complaining about the beds and pillows, they also seem to be the ones complaining about a lack of elevators to the 2nd floor and all the walking. Sheesh, read up people; the beds were fine and we slept well.
FOOD: We often had dinner about 6 and had practically no wait time for buffets and speciality restaurants. My husband was in line at 6 to book the Japanese Teppanyaki table for the following night-it was well worth it-delicious and great fun! The Brazilian restaurant Rodizo in White Sands with lots of meat on skewers was a hit with my paleo-eating husband; LOVED the Mediterrean restaurant too; the buffets had great variety. The wait staff service was very attentive and speedy, but the management and front desk people lacked warmth and seemed annoyed by questions. It seemed there was always lots of management standing around at buffets while the servers hustled their butts off.
KID FRIENDLY: My 7 year old loved turtle snorkeling boat tour to Akumal ($40 USD-2 hrs), but bring own kids' masks for best results (next time we come, will catch bus at hwy to there for cheap). My 2 year old and 7 year old loved the baby/kids club while we visited the awesome spa and gym gratis a couple days; they let us borrow their sand toys for a couple mornings too
SWIMMING: Our biggest difficulty was deciding on choosing a chair (there were always some available) by the beach or the pool, so we often camped in the middle; the pool was cool at first, but perfect for plus 25C weather; loved the sandy beach and saw no need for water shoes; we borrowed snorkelling equipment for an hour and saw lots of marine life right there.
ENTERTAINMENT: We saw a couple of decent 8pm mini shows where the kids in kids club put on a show that they had practiced for that afternoon; 9pm shows with professional dancers were awesome! It rained all day, but we had fun riding the train shuttle (a hit with the kids for sure). This was a perfect day for kids club and spa. The sports area is generally quite nice, and the kids loved the minigolf (which is quite worn and in need of a facelift, but fun nevertheless).
LOCATION: The beauty of this resort is in its location, but this means a long haul to get there and back from Cancun. We definitely will return in a couple years and want to check out other Palladium resorts too. With transit, though, we booked a minibus with Olympus with excellent service, but slow since we were the last stop at 3 resorts after a long day of traveling. Next time, we will book a private shuttle for a few more bucks and get there faster to enjoy all that this resort has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan