My partner and I have just returned from our 2 week stay (12th-27th October 2012) at the Grand Palldium. Got home this morning and we are missing it already!
This hotel is just amazing, best hotel I've ever stayed in!
After a long flight from London with First Choice & a smooth transfer from the airport, we checked in to the Grand Palladium. There were alot of people checking in at the same time so took some time but all went smoothly. We were given a villa in the Kantenah part of the resort, Villa 49. We were also given a free room upgrade to a juniour suite which was very nice, thankyou!!
The bell boys transported us to our room. Wow what a lovely room! Had 2 double beds, a fully stocked fridge, a sofa & living area, a dressing table, a nice big wardrobe, a 40" plasma TV, a big bathroom with a jacuzzi bath & a power shower! We were very impressed! The beds & pillows were very comfortable, cannot fault anything about the room at all!
When you first arrive the resort seems massive! Don't get me wrong, it is big, but you soon find shortcuts to places. Be prepared to walk though! We don't mind walking so didn't bother us in the slightest.
We spent most of our time at the main pool, lots of activites going on all day such as zumba, water aerobics, water polo, volleyball etc. Music also playing all day which we liked.
There are many other pools if the liveliness/noise isn't your thing.
Beach is absolutly beautiful!! Lovely sand & water, bit rocky in places but just find a clear bit! Lots of fishes in the sea who swim up to you.
We never had a problem finding sun loungers both at the pool & the beach. Whether we went at 9am or 2pm, there was always a choice of loungers which was great!
We did have a few rainy afternoons but soon cleared after about 45mins & back to lovely sunshine.
The bars were great, lots of variety of drinks! I made my way through the cocktail list & my favourites were Tropical Mango & Strawberry Daquari.
The food, OMG the food!! Outstanding! We ate in the buffet restaurants for breakfast & lunch. So much variety, how some people say they get bored of the food or they don't find anything they like....well I don't know what to say! Must be seriously fussy eaters!
Food was brilliant quality, loads of it & good variety.
We ate out in the A la carte most nights for dinner. We went out at approx 19.30 & never waited longer than half an hour for a table. Our favourites were the Brazillian, the Chinese & the Mediterranean. The Mexican was dissapointing! Food in all the others though was amazing! Some of the best food I've eaten in my life.
The entertainment team are amazing! They work so so hard all day & night but always smiling & enjoying themselves!
The shows at night were really good, dancers are amazing!
The hotel is immaculately clean everywhere! Staff are always cleaning.
The staff are amazing, so attentive & they work so so hard!
We went to Coco Bongos one night, wow what a place! You must go!
Honestly this hotel is brilliant! We had the best holiday & will definetly be returning!!
The only bad point I have is that the staff in the buffet restaurants were awful at offering you drinks. Apart from that, amazing holiday!! Thankyou Grand Palladium, see you again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan