“Amazing holiday at an AMAZING hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa

You added Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal-Puerto Juarez Km, 256-100 | Municipio Solidaridad, Akumal 77710, Mexico   |
Special Offer
15% off + Webcome Package
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Akumal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, UK
“Amazing holiday at an AMAZING hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My partner and I have just returned from our 2 week stay (12th-27th October 2012) at the Grand Palldium. Got home this morning and we are missing it already!
This hotel is just amazing, best hotel I've ever stayed in!
After a long flight from London with First Choice & a smooth transfer from the airport, we checked in to the Grand Palladium. There were alot of people checking in at the same time so took some time but all went smoothly. We were given a villa in the Kantenah part of the resort, Villa 49. We were also given a free room upgrade to a juniour suite which was very nice, thankyou!!
The bell boys transported us to our room. Wow what a lovely room! Had 2 double beds, a fully stocked fridge, a sofa & living area, a dressing table, a nice big wardrobe, a 40" plasma TV, a big bathroom with a jacuzzi bath & a power shower! We were very impressed! The beds & pillows were very comfortable, cannot fault anything about the room at all!
When you first arrive the resort seems massive! Don't get me wrong, it is big, but you soon find shortcuts to places. Be prepared to walk though! We don't mind walking so didn't bother us in the slightest.
We spent most of our time at the main pool, lots of activites going on all day such as zumba, water aerobics, water polo, volleyball etc. Music also playing all day which we liked.
There are many other pools if the liveliness/noise isn't your thing.
Beach is absolutly beautiful!! Lovely sand & water, bit rocky in places but just find a clear bit! Lots of fishes in the sea who swim up to you.
We never had a problem finding sun loungers both at the pool & the beach. Whether we went at 9am or 2pm, there was always a choice of loungers which was great!
We did have a few rainy afternoons but soon cleared after about 45mins & back to lovely sunshine.
The bars were great, lots of variety of drinks! I made my way through the cocktail list & my favourites were Tropical Mango & Strawberry Daquari.
The food, OMG the food!! Outstanding! We ate in the buffet restaurants for breakfast & lunch. So much variety, how some people say they get bored of the food or they don't find anything they like....well I don't know what to say! Must be seriously fussy eaters!
Food was brilliant quality, loads of it & good variety.
We ate out in the A la carte most nights for dinner. We went out at approx 19.30 & never waited longer than half an hour for a table. Our favourites were the Brazillian, the Chinese & the Mediterranean. The Mexican was dissapointing! Food in all the others though was amazing! Some of the best food I've eaten in my life.
The entertainment team are amazing! They work so so hard all day & night but always smiling & enjoying themselves!
The shows at night were really good, dancers are amazing!
The hotel is immaculately clean everywhere! Staff are always cleaning.
The staff are amazing, so attentive & they work so so hard!
We went to Coco Bongos one night, wow what a place! You must go!
Honestly this hotel is brilliant! We had the best holiday & will definetly be returning!!
The only bad point I have is that the staff in the buffet restaurants were awful at offering you drinks. Apart from that, amazing holiday!! Thankyou Grand Palladium, see you again soon!

Room Tip: Colonial side of the resort is central to everything.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear LucyM123,

Thank you for your good review. I appreciate your good comments and I will check your comments about restaurant staff. All information from our guest is very important for me and the rest of the team.

With best regards,

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Polish first
Wolverhampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed in the Kantenah section between 27/9 to 11/10 and absolutely loved it. This is by far the best all inclusive we have ever stayed in. No restrictions on how often you can use the a la carte restaurants - our favourites being the mexican, steak, italian and best of all the seafood on the beach - an absolute must. The staff can't do enough for you, special thanks to Ricardo the barman in the Sports Bar and Walter our waiter in the Punta Emilia, who were both brilliant. The trip to Chichen Itza is a must and the tour guide Martin was excellent, without any doubt the best guide we have ever had. The pools are wonderful and there were always plenty of sun beds available, the beach was lovely again with plenty of beds, but our favourite has to the rock pool, looking directly out onto the ocean, swimming with fish and lazing on a double bed - it just doesn't get any better than this!! As an animal lover it was amazing to see all the wildlife just wandering about completely unfazed by people. This resorts care for the environment and ensuring its intrusion is minimal is definately something to be admired. Can't wait to go back and will be doing a.s.a.p. Can't recommend highly enough!

Room Tip: Would recommend the Kantenah or White Sands sections as these are more central for all amenities.
Dear Nicki-Wolves,

In behalf of Grand Palladium team, I would like to give you thank you for your good comments.

Please, if you decide to visit us in the future, don't hesitate to contact with us.

Whit best regards,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My Husban and I stayed at the Riviera section of this complex but frequented the Kantenah for the Hemmingway bar. It was a relaxing place to play cards and get some premium drinks. Walls were lined with books of all sorts and laguages. So many places to eplore in this complex we can't wait to return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Grateful_Kelly,

Thank you for good comments.

Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

just arrived back 25th october fantastic hotel food staff our room was a junior suite hammock on balcony outdoor shower pools great al a carte restaurants fantastic goin back as soon as possible pools huge adults pool very relaxing try the hammocks on yhe beach visit sian khan trip and coba ruins coco bongos a must tipped our waiter 100 pesos on arrival were giving drinks continusly all night

Room Tip: colonial villas in 20s and 30s near main pool use wooden walkways shortcuts mention if u have used t...
Dear julie l,

It's a pleasure to know that you have had a great vacation with us. Thank you for your time.

Temecula, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was our third year in a row visiting the Mayan Riviera. We had stayed the last two years in Cancun and decided to venture south. We stayed at this all-inclusive resort in the Kanthenah section. We absolute had a great time. The staff was very attentive to our needs. Not to mention how hard they work each and everyday. If you are seeking a more relaxing atmosphere away from all the activities then stay in the Kantenah section. Otherwise, the Colonial section is smack down in the middle of all activities. This place is not only enormous but gorgeous as well. I would recommend anyone contemplating visiting this resort to go to Youtube to familiarize yourself with this amazing resort prior to getting there. You will gain some valuable insight and save time once you are there. In closing, my wife and I had a wonderful time (6 days Sept-26 to Oct 2nd.) at the Gran Palldium Kantenah section. Apparently we missed all the rain days prior to our arrival. We highly recommend this resort. It was as advertised and will return again.

Room Tip: If staying on the Kantenah section, request buildings 33-35. They are the closest to the beach.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear opr8r1911,

Thank you. It's a pleasure to know that you have had a great time with us.

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

OMG what can I say really that hasn't already been said, this place is huge and amazing, we did get lost at first but soon found our way around, only used the trains a couple of times as we loved the walking, we was there from the 23rd to 8th oct, we arrived to cancun airport and after what seemed an age got on the coach armed with a can of sol to start our journey to the hotel which to about hour and halr, to be honest we didn't mind we were to exited and happy to be on holiday, anyway on arrival we got upgraded to a suite on the colonel side which was great they said it was because of my birthday, which was nice, unfortunately we got collered my a canadian girl who worked for the palladium resort who talked us into going to a meeting as we were promised 30 dollers each off any trips we took, so we thought why not as was told that there is no hard sell...........er hello we had the manager practically chasing us out of the office trying to sign us up for the deal which was not interested in, anyway we got our vouchers so it was worth it I suppose, just be warned if you don't want to be bothered just say know from the beggining!!!, anyway we got to our room which was very spacious, the only downside, (which no way upset our holiday, but the room did smell very mouldy!! we was in room 1810,which I think needs to be addressed) but that aside, the rooms where well stocked with coffee tea, and most important bottles of sol :) everyday, the maid was very good and left towel art a couple of days which was lovely, the al a carte restaurants are great we never ate in buffets only breakfast and sometimes lunch, the japenese was tasty with sushi which we tried for the first time and now addicted, the mexican was ok we only went the once, brazillian was great loads of meat, the fish restuarant on the beach was romantic, with little friends the raccoons popping in for a look they are so cute, we did the beach bbq, this was ok to be honest it was what you expect from a bbq but they decorated it so nice very mexican, the italian was nice you could eat inside or outside, the outside was most romantic,but very warm, our favourite was the chinese this was fab highly recommend we went there 3 times, the sushi and the salmon was to die for!!!, the beach was beautiful and the spa.......well out of this world so calming we went there loads, we spent most of our days around the adult pool which you tend to make friends, carlos the bar man was great alway bringing us cocktails whilst we were in the pool, our favourites were pink panthers and banana mammas, or bananrama as my husband called them!! but they must have a shot of either vodka or rum!!, all the bars were great never wainting long for drinks, to be honest we didn't have to wait for restaurants either, we did have to have the red bleeper one night but we only have to wait 15 minutes, just a tip though be careful when it's been raining as the floor get really slippy, we had a lady from our plane trip and break her foot whist she was there poor women as been stuck in plaster for two weeks, she'd only been there a day :(, highly recommend the silver swim with dolphins this was AMAZING!!!!, we did this on the day of my birthday I was that happy I cried, you will however try to get ripped off on the photos so be prepared we only bought two photos which cost about £40 for the two, but if you had everything like the dvd, memory stick it worked out about £400!!! the white sands show by the salt water pool in amazing we did this also on my birthday which is followed by a dj so you can have a dance graet night and I also saw a shooting star so what a fab day I had!! oh and forgot that the hotel but bottle of champers in my room great touch and that went down very nice!!,
I could go on all day about this place we are looking at going back next year, please any questions just email me

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear tinajohn241,

Thank you for your comments. The opinion of our guest it's very important for us.

Please, don't hesitate to contact with us if we can help you with anything.

With best regards,

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I just got back from Palladium and cant wait to go back. The hotel was gorgeous, the rooms were impeccably clean and pretty big, the minibar was restocked every day with beer, soda, coffee, tea, and water, and the waiters were very attentive and courteous.The food at the main buffet was very tasty and there was a rather large selection but my favorite restaurant was the steak house where my husband and I went three out of the seven times. Another favorite one is the seafood restaurant. Anyways, all the restaurants were pretty good. The service at the pool bar was excellent with bartenders constantly asking you if you'd like anything else. The drinks were made exactly as I ordered. The beach was very nice and sandy. It's the best beach I've been to so far in Mexico. Check in and check out was a breeze. Around the hotel there are minibuses ready to take you to various locations but we just used a map and walked. In my honest opinion, this was a spectacular place to be and I recommend it for just about anyone. I'm grateful for the service we received from the entire staff.

Dear mercedesnani,

Thank you so much for your good comments. I appreciate your time.

Resident Manager

Been to Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!