Where to start, we travelled on the 26th to 11th December from Gatwick, the airport arrival was really straight forward and quick.
The Coach ride was pleasant, with a lovely Rep who sold us drinks that were sooo cheap! The journey to the hotel was about an hour and a half. The entrance is very Grand too!
We orignally were booked in for the Kantenah, but i emailed the week before and we got an upgrade to the Junior suite in the Colonial resort. The Lobby was amazing, with a hugh totum pole in the middle and gorgegous marble floors. The was little bit of a wait at check in because there was only 2 people working. The Bell boys took our bags to our room while we went on another buggy. On first impressions you think you will never be able to find your room on your own again, but have faith in your sense of Direction (or your partners in my case) to be able to read the trusty little map you get given. its really helpful and shows how big the resort really is.
Our room was massive, we had 2 double beds and a sofa and 2 chairs, the balcony looked out onto the jungle, we didnt spend much time out there because of the mossies.
Bathroom was also clean and tidy and the mini bar was always well stocked up!
The restaurants are all really good, our favourite (best steak iv ever tasted) was the steak place, i cant remember its name, the Italian was also good. The Japenese and the Chinese were excellent, all exceeding your expectations of an all inclusive resort! The deserts were amazing too, most nights we chose the chocolate bomb!! sometimes there was a little wait, but they give you a buzzer when your table is ready. we found this great as we could have a drink in the lobby first.
The buffets had a huge variety of food, and i dont know how anyone could ever complain, i struggled to leave breakfast without having 3 plates full every day! Smoked salmom and champagne breakfast- how can you go wrong!
Our favourite barmen was Rolando on the White sands lobby, he was wonderful and made us shooters that we asked for. the service was always very quick at every bar! he will suggest sappling a Boom Boom!
The pools were huge but we found the best one to be the adult pool, the barmen, (i cant remember his name now) he would bring cocktails round every 20minutes or so,starting from 10am!!
The entertainment at night was superb, better than any place iv ever been, the shows are excellent, and there was also a really good drinks services. The Animation team are so dedicated, and the shows and dancing we perfect. My bf got dragged up on stage to do tap dancing, it was so funny, and he won a bottle of tequila. the Club doesnt get busy until really late, but is good if you want to carry on the night.
I highly recommend this resort, it has everything, the beach was lovely and sea was warm and clear too!
the spa was also fantastic, i highly recommend the pool there and we had a massage for about £35.
remember to taike mosquito repellant, they really do bite!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium
- Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort Spa
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Colonial Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.