Myself & my family are not new to visiting Mexico so we knew what to expect having previously stayed at a different hotel within the same area. This time we chose the Colonial & was very pleasantly surprised & loved the way that it was set up. However, when we checked in the receptionist seemed quite sour faced & there was no welcome drink which we have received previously.
The rooms were quite spacious with a mini bar which was restocked every day. The view from our balcony which was trees & a very worn looking wall with peeling paint.
There was a good selection of Al A carte restaurants & I liked the fact that you didn't have to pre book, you just turned up, if the restaurant was full they gave you a pager.
We visited Ribs & More twice, Bamboo, Mexican, the steakhouse & the Italian.
The entertainment staff were good, friendly enough & played great music around the pool. They worked tirelessly to try & involve us in the activities that were going on.
It was nice to see 3 weddings take place an unusually there was a church on site.
The Thomson rep was ok but even though they are at the hotel every day it is difficult to see them. We had a family emergency in the UK & need information on flight back & we had to wait around for what seemed an age to speak to the rep who was talking about nothing in particular with a couple. Once we did speak to her she was helpful but then started speaking about nothing in particular again which we didn't want to hear.
Good selection of bars & the constant cleaning was amazing.
Would definitely visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico