Me and my wife stayed at this hotel one week between Mar. 23 and Mar. 30. This is truly wonderful resort. Transfer to the hotel was smooth and check-in was also swift. The hotel complex is very large with 4 lobbies. It seems to be overwhelming at the beginning but once you find your favorite spot and get to know how to go about moving with provided shuttles it is only advantageous. You can relax in various surroundings, spend evenings in different lobbies which at night offer great atmosphere, often with life music. The hotel is extremely picturesque, beautifully laid out, and literately located in the jungle. The compound is teaming with wildlife; colorful birds and animals present everywhere. Great spot for bird watchers. The beach is wonderful with sufficient amount of chairs, shade and drinking holes. Nobody bothers you on the beach, no vendors or any other distractions. Salt water pool area offers some privacy and alternative beach experience. Gorgeous large pools with bars, bubble springs, water sits. Adults only pool very nice, with its own bar.
Great room with large size jacuzzi, seating area, king size bed, balcony and safe for valuables. Spacious, clean with great service. If you wish you can have your sheets changed daily. If you leave a request on bed, your sheets will automatically be changed.
Food was very good, great variety at the buffets. Fresh squeezed juices were just wonderful. Great variety of restaurants which were really nice, everyone we went to was classy and delicious.
We were really taken aback by the service and work ethic of people working there. It was truly pleasure observing people like Eric in the Brazilian restaurant who simply is one of the best assets a hotel restaurant can dream about. This great waiter was so attentive and at the same time so efficient at muti-tasking that I even took time to find a manager and compliment him about the service. Similar experience in the Mediterranean restaurant where Julio made our time really enjoyable. Wonderful, hard working people, very friendly, engaging and helpful with our meager attempts to speak beautiful Spanish.
Lots to do. I took some scuba diving, which is offered right in the compound with boats leaving directly from the beach. We also took trips to Playa Del Carmen and Tulum. The hotel offers many attractive excursions but we took local taxis and small buses to travel between destinations. Small vans travel very often from a stop just few steps away from the main lobby. One way ticket to Playa Del Carmen or Tulum is $ 3.50 US. These so called Collectivo buses are easy to find but I should say the operators of those services find you faster. Both locations worthy of visiting, great sightseeing, restaurants and shopping. We felt very safe and appreciated.
I really recommend this hotel. It offers comfort, bit of luxury and so much variety of leisure that is great for families, couples or larger parties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico